Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

curtsams's profile

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

Thursday, May 23rd, 2019 4:06 PM

Fox Sports Go not allowing regional networks

When I log in to Fox Sports Go using my Directv login, I no longer have access to regional sports networks. Specifically, I’m not able to view Fox Sports Ohio - Cincinnati (I.e. Cincinnati Reds games).  Fox Sports support tells me this is because my authorization token does not include the regional fox network that is included in my subscription. This has happened to me before and I’ve had no luck getting this resolved. Has anyone successfully found a way to restore Fox Sports regional channels on the Fox Sports Go app?

Guru

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I don't have DTV, nor do I use the DTV app. However, my DTVNOW credentials via my PC and Chrome browser work perfectly on the Fox Sports Go website. Some people mentioned that when their DTV credentials didn't work with one of their streaming devices (like the iPad), they just needed to first successfully log into the Fox Sports Go website via their computer and use of their DTV credentials (which authenticated the account) and then once they did that, their streaming device started to work with their DTV credentials.

Some people using Apple devices (iPhone, AppleTV, etc.) simply signed out of Single Sign On (SSO), then went to the Settings and scrolled down to TV provider and then logged out. Once they logged back in, it worked.

Good luck.

#An Apple a day might keep DTV away. Smiley Wink

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

Unfortunately, this didn't work for me.  I have no trouble signing in and having the app accept my Directy account.  The issue is that the channels I subscribe to with Directv (namely Fox Sports Ohio, ch. 661) aren't represented in the available streaming content.  I thought it might be a Fox Sports Go problem, but they let me know the authenticator token that Directv provides does not show that I subscribe to any regional channels.  I've tried calling Directv about this in the past, but I can't get past customer service to any kind of technical support.

Guru

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

That's not good news, but perhaps you just need AT&T to reset your account and once that happens, you can sign in and it will work. You still haven't mentioned what device you are using, or is it just a computer/laptop?

Obviously you are not going to signup to DTVNOW and pay $70 in order to get the Fox RSNs you already pay for  (FSCin and Sportstime Ohio), but perhaps you should try the Chat function. Click Contact us at the bottom of the page and after you select DTV, you should see the chat bubble appear (if not, turn off your adblockers, etc.), and then if you can't login there with your account info (not that you really have to), just type Password support and then Agent, and that should hopefully get you a real person to talk to.

Don't give up because it's going to work eventually ... unless the device you are using has known bugs that might never be fixed.

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

Sorry - forgot to say this is on the FoxSportsGo iPhone app.  I also tried logging out and back in to the foxsportsgo.com website and that didn't work either.  I'll try chatting with DTV as you suggest.

Guru

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

EDIT: Before trying any of my suggestions, try resetting/unplugging your DTV box to see if that re-authenticates FS Ohio for your phone, etc.

I don't know if you solved your problem yet, but I was fooling around with both the Fox Sports GO and Fox Sports.com websites trying to gain access to BTN (Big Ten Network -- I was getting an Oops error message), without having to use the btn2go.com website with my DTVNOW credentials which still works.

BTN is part of my DTVNOW package and I can stream it via DTVNOW, so I was curious as to why I couldn't get it to work on the foxsports.com or foxsportsgo.com websites. But now I can. Based on how those websites behaved after I logged out and then logged back in using my DTVNOW credentials, I'm going to try to help you re-authenticate your DTV credentials, so that they at least work properly with your computer, and then get your Fox Sports Cincinnati (aka: Ohio) to appear and also work for you. 

First of all, the default setting for LOCATION when using the chrome browser is: BLOCK (you can check what yours is set to by clicking the Lock, to the far left in the chrome browser address window, which reveals a drop-down menu with all the choices). Now normally, once your local FOX regional channels stream properly via Fox Sports GO or foxsports.com, you can and should leave it on BLOCK. However, even though mine were both set to BLOCK, I ran into various streaming problems after I logged out and then logged back in with DTVNOW credentials, while using the Fox Sports sites. Thus, it is possible that you may have to set the LOCATION to ALLOW for FoxSportsGO (while still logged in with your DTV credentials), and then refresh the page. Leave Fox Sports.com set to BLOCK (assuming that the default was used), because if you don't, you may have problems later streaming FS1, FS2 and BTN. Flash has to be set to Allow or at least turned on when prompted to stream anything on the FOX sites as well.

Once you refresh the Fox Sports GO website page (with LOCATION set to ALLOW), while logged in with your DTV creds., that should force the site to then search for your Zip Code that DTV uses for your account. You should hopefully see FOX Sports Cincinnati (Ohio) appear in the LIVE choices. At some point you may have to set LOCATION back to BLOCK, I'm just not sure when exactly I did that (because the Fox Sports RSNs will still work ... it's just the FS1, FS2, BTN, and all the Replay VOD choices for those channels that can fail).

Once that's done, even if that unfortunately still doesn't work for you, you can then try going to foxsports.com and then click MORE (at the top right of page, to the left of your DTV login icon), which opens up a menu that will show the various RSNs like OHIO (which is for Cincinnati). When you click that, you'll get this:

https://www.foxsports.com/ohio 

And then if you scroll down the page, you'll soon see on the right side of the page: Live Now Fox Sports Ohio, and then the box below, which once clicked will take you here:

https://www.foxsportsgo.com/channel/25500/fs-ohio

You can then choose between Watch Live, or RESTART (assuming that you hopefully don't get an error message).

And yet another way to force the Fox Sports GO website to re-authenticate your DTV credentials and Zip Code, is to use a VPN, DNS proxy extension etc., to make it think you are in another region, and then when the corresponding Fox RSN appears in the Live section (or elsewhere), and you click it, FOX will then check your DTV account credentials and tell you that you can't watch it. You'll then notice that there's a box with the words: Return to Schedule. Click inside that box, and it will then check your DTV account again, but this time it will magically assign you the proper RSNs (Cincinnati OHIO, etc., for you), which should then appear in the LIVE section, etc., on the page you end up on. Click inside the FS Cin. box and hopefully the channel will load for you (choose Live, or Restart like before).

Anyway, if none of that helps, and nobody else has any suggestions to clear/fix the App, you might also need to clear the Fox site cookies, or simply close the tab and then open up another tab on the Fox Sports Go site to see if your proper RSNs are there. 

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

I appreciate your help and the detailed instructions.  I tried this on both Chrome and IE with no luck.  I've reached out to Fox Sports Go app support to ask that they check my authentication.  My only concern is if they tell me the authentication does not include my subscription to Fox Sports Cincinnati. 

I reached out to customer service at the beginning of this issue.  After a few minutes of confirming that the channel I was currently watching was part of my subscription (they initially told me I didn't have the channel in my subscription) they "reset" my account and told me this would resolve the issue in 15-30 minutes.  I was very skeptical of that solution so I asked for a call back in 30 minutes.  The supervisor called back and told me to delete the app, restart my phone and then download the FoxSportsGo app again.  This didn't work either, but this time I did not receive the call back that was promised.  In my opinion, these are pretty basic troubleshooting steps, which I'd already tried.  DTV customer service doesn't seem willing to go beyond basic troubleshooting.  I'd like to get a higher level of tech support from DTV.  Is there a way to contact DTV technical support outside of the standard customer service line?  Maybe a group that has a better understanding of issues like this?  

Guru

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Beats me, but AT&T needs to a create an elite squad of people known as the D'OH Squad  ... Detailed Online Help Squad. They would live in a secret underground bunker and work together to solve challenging subscriber authentication issues for every device used on Earth. There would be no extra fee for this service because the underground bunker would be located on Fantasy Island. An island that could only be reached by the Dream On boat. Smiley Wink

Obviously my next step would be to go to a Public Library and use one of their computers to see if I could access FS Cinc that way, or perhaps have a friend bring his/her smart phone to my place to see if that made any difference. I assume those attempts would also fail because if supposedly "qualified" people are telling you that the Fox websites think FS Cinc. is still not seen as part of your DTV subscription, and the "fixes" still don't work, well, then what? Perhaps waiting another 24-72 hours and then trying to login might finally work. The account reset for FS Ohio authentication might simply need more time to finalize on both ends.

If other subscribers are running into this DTV/Fox authentication issue with FS Ohio, I would hope that within 2 weeks the problem would be fixed. I've even read about strange website authentication sign-in issues whereby people clicking the big DTV logo to sign in, can't get authenticated, but then when they instead type the word Direct into the Other TV providers search bar, and then click DTV from the list, suddenly it all works as it's supposed to.

Let us all hope for your sake that this issue eventually fixes itself, or you eventually stumble across somebody with the proper skill to save the day. 

#Pillsbury D'OH Squad

5 years ago

Has anyone had any luck getting this to work?  I've had the same issue for the last month and DTV says it's a Fox issue and Fox says it's a DTV issue.  This used to work with no problems, but now it's busted.

Contributor

5 years ago

it also says i don’t have access to the channel on fox sports go even though i’m currently watching the game in my tv as i type this 

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

I was never able to get this to work. Fox Sports Go team was very helpful. Unfortunately the issue lies with Directv. They are not sending authentication for regional sports networks even though we pay to subscribe. I’ve relayed this to DTV customer service but all they do is reset my receiver which does nothing.

5 years ago

I’ve actually been in contact with FoxSports tech support. They know it’s an issue on their end and are still working on it. Spectrum users are having the same issue so it’s not just a DTV problem.

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

Hope they get it corrected. Fox Sports Go had me look up the Authenticator token provided by DTV. It was missing Fox Sports Ohio/Cincinnati.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.