For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Wariggsw's profile

1 Message

Sunday, December 17th, 2023 5:46 AM

Max access denied

I have HBO max access through my internet. I am trying to log in for the first time and it says “You do not have access through this provider”. What needs to be done to rectify this?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

5 months ago

All you can do is call AT&T Support and see if they can fix it. The problem is that Max is no longer part of AT&T (as of about 6 months ago) so they may not be accepting AT&T legacy customers.

If you never activated your free subscription then it may be too late, or if you did, and upgraded your service since then, your plan has changed and you no longer qualify. For those that had HBO Max they were downgraded to the Ad-free, 2 devices, full HD only plan. If you want the Ad-free, 4k HDR/Atmos tier then you will need to subscribe directly to Max and pay for it. Read your TOS. Promo plans are subject to change.

1 Message

2 days ago

I had the same problem and decided to see if I had to go through the provider section on my phone and discovered that I did not. All I had to do is click directly into the sign in tab and put my email address and provider password and it worked. So say your phone provider is Cricket; instead of going through the sign in by provider tab and clicking Cricket, just go to Max.com on the tv or through the app on your phone and click sign in just like you do on Netflix and put in your email address and your Cricket password. It should work. Not sure if it will for internet providers but give it a try, put in your email address and password for your internet provider.

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.