For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
ested23's profile

Guru

• 

40 Messages

Tuesday, February 13th, 2024 5:36 AM

Grandfathered Unlimited Elite Plan with Max is being removed forever.

This is not really a question, but rumor has it that around March or April (of this year), if you're grandfathered with Unlimited Elite with Max, it's going to be removed from your account and replaced with Unlimited Premium PL. I'm a little disappointed about that. 

ACE - Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

3 months ago

@ested23 

AT&T spun off HBO Max (now called Max) over a year ago. It is now owned by WBD (Warner Brothers/Discovery) making its own decisions as to who has access or not. The migration of legacy AT&T accounts to Max did not go well and has been fraught with many problems. Some customers were able to get their AT&T logins merged to Max but their service was downgraded to Ad-free, two concurrent devices, full HD only. If you want 4k HDR/Atmos (Ultimate Tier) you need to subscribe directly to Max and pay for it. Your original TOS stated that "terms were subject to change", and being as AT&T no longer controls Max, that certainly qualifies as a change. Also, any changes you made to your plan after activating your "HBO Max for Life" promo also affected that promo. Max (WBD) is in control now so it's up to them as to who gets free access to their full HD tier or not. You can try to contact AT&T Support and see if they can sync your account info to Max but it's hit and miss.

Guru

• 

40 Messages

2 months ago

@OttoPylot I totally agree and was also aware of what you posted back to me...Thank you. You're 100% correct. I was just saying that (and I apologize if I wasn't clear in my message), I was just a little disappointed that "eventually" (in the next few months) anyone grandfathered with Unlimited Elite with Max (from a good source) will totally be going away.  I will have to determine if I want to keep "Max" and pay for it. AT&T is the only (of the 3 major carriers-Verizon and T-Mobile) that doesn't have any streaming services included with their top tier plans. In my opinion, AT&T Unlimited Premium PL plan is excellent for frequent international travelers (especially traveling to Latin American countries and Dominican Republic) and for people and need that extra 60GB of hotspot.    

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

2 months ago

@ested23  That's why I never bothered to activate my "free HBO Max for life" offer because I knew that there would be caveats and "gotchas" with that and didn't want to deal with the eventuality down the road. We just paid outright for HBO Max and not worried about what was coming.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.