Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
ianandrach's profile

Traveler

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, June 11th, 2020 1:31 PM

Cannot Activate HBO Max

Use computer or phone to login my ATT account through att.com or app (tried both, tried multiple browsers and two different computers.)

After login, I confirmed that I have Internet 1000

Under Account Overview, click Get Started Button under HBOMAX box.

This takes me to another window with a Set up account button. Click Set up Account.

Received error message "It's not you, it's us. We can't get your account ready right now. Give it some time and try again"

This has been happening since launch.

Contacted support via chat yesterday and asked the support person to activate the benefit for me. He said he did, and that I should see the banner change to Login to HBO Max instead of Get Started. That never happened. He also confirmed which ATT login I need to use.

Possible confounding factors: 1. I had ATT a long time ago for DSL and phone. I currently only have Internet 1000. The login though, is the same. The login is the email assigned to me eons ago, which doesn't go anywhere. In myATT I have my current email set for contact purposes. I tried setting up a different login, or changing the login but that didn't help. I also tried changing the password a couple times. I know my old account info is messed up because I still see WatchTV in my list of products and I haven't had that for years. It was a free benefit with my DSL at some point. 2. I have had HBO before, through ATT, back when I had DSL.

If anyone out there has had this same error and had it fixed, please let me know what you did.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

we to have been having the same issue. we currently have the unlimited elite plan and i have tried daily to log in to the hbo max service as it is included with our plan but have had no luck i have had some one tell me that if i go to the account overview and click the hbomax tile it would activate it however there is no hbo tile on my home screen

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Hello:

I am having the same Problem now. I have ATT Internet 1000 for more than a year now. When they launched HBO Max, I was able to successfully get started on HBO Max and was watching it for about a month. All of a Sudden, it stopped working. When I go to HBO Max App on my TV or the HBO Max website in my PC, I see a message to Subscribe now, as though my subscription expired. When I logon to ATT Account Overview page, I see a banner that says "Get Started on HBO Max". 

Once I click on Get Started. 

This takes me to another window with a Set up account button. Click Set up Account.

Received error message "It's not you, it's us. We can't get your account ready right now. Give it some time and try again"

I chat with the Customer Service no Luck.

Talked to ATT Customer Service twice no luck.

I m not sure whether there is a way for this issue to be escalated. 

This issue is still NOT Fixed.

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have the same problem. Tried on computer, phone, app. 

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have the same problem after upgrading internet 1000. I have talked more than 10 on-line agents but all of them lied to me it would be available after the talk with them. I think it is time to make complaint to BBB or (Edited per community guidelines) for (Edited per community guidelines) to the cheating.

(edited)

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Hello:

I just wanted to update the post that my issue is resolved. I was now able to signup for HBO MAX and watch it in any device. I would like to share my experience on how the issue was resolved.

Note: I raised the issue with HBO Max as well and they escalated the issue and got back to me after a week saying that based on their past experience the email associated with the ATT account may have something to do with this issue and requested me to contact ATT.

(edited)

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

(Edited per community guidelines) this is horrible

another instance of class-action-worthy att (Edited per community guidelines) software

(edited)

Former Moderator

• 

697 Messages

3 years ago

Hello @bstreng,

Please be mindful about the tonality and language. AT&T Community Forum does not tolerate usage of any curse words or abusive words.

Regards,
AT&T Moderator

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

xacc

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

It’s a shame, I can’t get the HBO max working either, and no one can help me.  This is a known problem, Att needs to find a solution to this.  Horrible customer service

Traveler

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I ended up contacting the Social Media Team through Facebook and they had it fixed for me within three days.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.