For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
T

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, June 3rd, 2020 11:30 PM

ATT Unlimited Plus not able to Access HBO MAX

I have the ATT Unlimited Plus wireless package.

Plan details state gives free access to HBO Max.

Received text stating account gets free HBO Max.

Have been able to access/log in to HBO GO via ATT unlimited plus access credentials.

Trying to access HBO Max on desktop PC and via app on samsung phone (android).

Both methods lead to same error message "CAN'T VERIFY YOUR SUBSCRIPTION"

Have reset my ATT account password several times during these attempts.

Have followed ALL recommendations and procedures listed in every ATT help link on the topic - PLEASE DO NOT REFER ME TO ANOTHER OF THOSE AS THEY DO NOT SOLVE MY ISSUE.

Please advise on how to proceed.

NOTE:

I have had issues with HBO GO previously where the login stopped working and after contacting a chat representative he informed me that my plan no longer gave access to the HBO GO and I should upgrade... after pointing out that this was not what the ATT website states he said the website is wrong and they will update it. After terminating that chat I somehow managed to get thru to a Live human being - this person solved my issue in about 3 min and i had access to HBO GO - no muss no fuss no attempt to upsell me by lying to me.

My account page had a banner stating I was eligible to a free 30 day HBO Max offer that is in direct contradiction to what the rest of the information I have reveiwed says ie - that HBO Max is included in my plan (Not a 30 day trial).

The HBO Max page even states the ATT Unlimited Plus plan is one that gives access to HBO Max.

and lastly, the banner on the web page that leads you to enter a call caps word to the text number 2885 sends me a response that my number is NOT associated with any plan that allows free HBO Max.. or HBO GO that I am currently able to access.

again, Please advise on how to proceed

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

update: spoke with customer support via chat. He told me i needed to sign in with a email associated with my ATT account but that is not possible as after you select ATT as your provider you are taken to the ATT log in page where only my user ID associated with the account is available to select. He also said since I am able to access HBO GO I do not need HBO Max as they are the same thing... I told him they are not. He then directed me to HBO customer support and gave a number.. i called them and the customer support girl was unable to help either and said will send it up to their technical team and get back with me via email.

• 

3 Messages

I would like to thank ATT for their prompt response and dedicated help on this matter.. oh wait.. never mind.

I solved the issue.

The ATT help staff can spend their limited time ignoring other posters or posting robot cookie cutter answers without any thought to the posters issues. Thank you

• 

1 Message

What was the solution? Have been trying to log in for over a week now, have talked to several agents who all give conflicting answers, and I'm ready to pull my hair out.

• 

1 Message

yes please. I am having the same issue

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.