Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

jshoynacki's profile

Contributor

Wednesday, June 12th, 2019 7:43 PM

HR21 Receiver now requires B-Band converters for Std Def

I have been using an HR21 Receiver with a Winegard dish (setup for Directv) in my RV for over 2 yrs.  Last connected in early April 2019.  In late April, I upgraded my home system with the Genie boxes and kept the HR21 for my RV.  I am on the road again and the HR21 can not find a satellite signal.  I have been able to get to the Satellite setup menu.  I reset the dish type to the "18x20 three satellite LNB" configuration for Std Def channels.  The setup screen now says "B-Band converters required".   Prior to my home system upgrade this HR21 box would tell me "no B-Band converter is required" with my RV/Winegard setup.

Did my home system upgrade (which upgraded my LNB module and SWM) affect this HR21 receiver?

Please advise.

ACE - Expert

• 

19.7K Messages

5 years ago

SD only dishes are obsolete so do you have the Travler?

Contributor

5 years ago

its a Winegard Mission MiniMax.   It has the capability to pull DirecTV (SD - Satellites 119 and 101), Dish (HD) and  Bell TV and is auto setup to those satellites.  My receiver can do HD, but my Winegard dish has provided the SD signals as recently as April.

ACE - Sage

• 

45.6K Messages

5 years ago

@jshoynacki wrote:

its a Winegard Mission MiniMax.   It has the capability to pull DirecTV (SD - Satellites 119 and 101), Dish (HD) and  Bell TV and is auto setup to those satellites.  My receiver can do HD, but my Winegard dish has provided the SD signals as recently as April.

DirecTV is discontinuing their SD/MPEG2 satellite transmissions, starting April 2019. You'll need to replace that dish with a DirecTV Slimline + tripod setup, or Trav'ler dish.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.