Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

M

Wednesday, July 29th, 2020 5:59 PM

Code 771 but can still watch at low resolution

I activated a replacement receiver - not a Genie, an older model. It technically works, but I get 771 code every time I change the channel, but can override it by choosing to watch in low resolution...Also it will not record any programs, and I believe it is because of the 771 code. Receiver lights up as if recording, but nothing actually records. Please help. I don't have hours to spend on the phone trying to get to the proper department...Thanks everyone!

PS, yes, I've checked all the connections and our other receiver works fine...

ACE - Expert

• 

19.7K Messages

4 years ago

Can you swap the two to see if it is a box or wire problem? But in general 771 is a dish alignment problem, there are videos on youtube if you want to try it yourself otherwise you have to call DTV and wait until a CSR can setup a tech visit. 

• 

30 Messages

4 years ago

What receiver (model) did you take out and what receiver (model) did you replace it with? May help others to figure out your issue. 

Assume you performed the “normal” troubleshooting  items - unplug unit for 30 seconds - restart.(if usingGenie unplug  any clients as well -restart main receiver first) 

to check if your satellite needs adjusting - check signal strength in settings here is a link to a video with more info 

https://youtu.be/pHYBNW7CHQg

If your signal strength is poor you  will need to call customer service to have a service tech come out 

ACE - Professor

• 

2.3K Messages

4 years ago

Is the dish configuration correct in the satelite setup menu?

4 years ago

Thanks everyone, nothing is working. I've been told I need one or two B-Band converters, but that makes no sense as the previous and older receiver did not.  I have tried several times to arrange a tech to come out, but have unbelievable trouble getting through to the Directv  department. I will dedicate tomorrow to that project, and then look in to another service. Beyond frustrated. I sincerely appreciate everyone's input!

ACE - Expert

• 

19.7K Messages

4 years ago

The H/HR23 had the BBC built in, all others non SWM receivers have to have them.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.