For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
lwIII's profile

1 Message

Monday, February 26th, 2024 3:27 PM

Unauthorized tampering with box.

This morning while walking my dog, I witnessed someone dressed in regular clothes doing something inside one of the big boxes. He was not in a AT&T truck, but in a white BMW. 

He apparently had keys because the doors to the box was open, as I approached, he closed the doors and walked to the other side out of my view. After I walked towards his vehicle and got his license plate- I had left my phone on charge- I went back home to get my phone. By the time I returned, he had gotten back in his car and was sitting. I took out my phone to video tape him and he pulled off.

Is there ever an instance where a technician from your company would come to a neighborhood, to work on a phone box, not in a marked vehicle, and get anxious and flee when someone approached?

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

2 months ago

This is a customer populated forum, not a way to contact AT&T. I'd say take your video to the police and let them decide if it needs further action. 

Former Employee

• 

22.3K Messages

2 months ago

While I am not aware of managers driving BMW, they do drive white vehicles…

A manager checking on the quality work of a tech could definitely have access to boxes and may have been verifying a jumper placed in a cross box which which have connections on both sides.

Additionally the person sitting in the car may have been completing their report on company iPad before driving away.

I do agree if believing action is suspicious should be reported to ATT

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.