Posted Oct 24, 2013
3:02:37 AM
View profile
Fox Sports 2 HD
Edited by texasguy37 on Oct 24, 2013 at 3:10:18 AM

I notice that in the Guide, 1651 - Fox Sports 2 HD is now actually being broadcast in HD.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 24, 2013 7:29:25 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
The changed to HD did not occur until today.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Fox Sports 2 HD

[ Edited ]
22 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(22)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 24, 2013 5:03:20 AM
(0)
Employee
Edited by Fox Mulder on Oct 24, 2013 at 5:03:40 AM

texasguy37 wrote:

I notice that in the Guide, 1651 - Fox Sports 2 HD is now actually being broadcast in HD.

Where is that poster, who was sitting in on the negoations and KNEW this would not happen, ever...:smileyvery-happy:

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Fox Sports 2 HD

[ Edited ]
2 of 23 (1,969 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 24, 2013 6:04:20 AM
(0)
Scholar

is it really in HD? Last night's Champions League game with Manchester U. was still an SD picture on a HD channel. Squeezed and small!

3 of 23 (1,950 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 24, 2013 7:10:51 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Even on channels that have an HD equivalent, not all content being broadcast is "filmed" in HD.  When that happens, the HD channel simply broadcasts the SD signal.

4 of 23 (1,938 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 24, 2013 7:29:25 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

5 of 23 (1,924 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 24, 2013 8:01:03 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

texasguy37 wrote:

I am in St. Louis, and I checked this morning before I went to work. The guide and the channel for Fox Sports2 were still in standard definition. Perhaps it becomes high definition in regions one at a time rather than system-wide all at once.

I will check again when I get home.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

6 of 23 (1,911 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 24, 2013 9:50:12 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Try rebooting your received. I had just rebooted my receiver when I saw the change.

7 of 23 (1,887 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 24, 2013 10:14:21 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

texasguy37 wrote:
Try rebooting your received. I had just rebooted my receiver when I saw the change.

Will do so when I get home. Thanks.

8 of 23 (1,879 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 25, 2013 12:17:44 AM
(0)
Mentor
Looks like HD to me...you're on a roll AT&T

9 of 23 (1,786 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 25, 2013 4:20:24 AM
(0)
Mentor

Now that all the soccer players are happy that they have enough channels to watch soccer I wish they would add Universal Sports Network before the Olympics starts so we can watch some other sports besides soccer.

10 of 23 (1,778 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 25, 2013 5:15:01 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Put in your request here: http://uversechannels.att.com/

gmsuv wrote:

Now that all the soccer players are happy that they have enough channels to watch soccer I wish they would add Universal Sports Network before the Olympics starts so we can watch some other sports besides soccer.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

11 of 23 (1,769 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 25, 2013 7:39:09 AM
(0)
Teacher

There are several early-season Big East basketball games on FOX Sports 2, so getting an HD feed is nice. Plus, FS2 usually carries a Friday afternoon rugby match live from the Premiership in England.

12 of 23 (1,744 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 25, 2013 7:41:42 AM
(0)
Mentor

Fox Sports 2 is in HD here in Arlington, TX. Now if we just get GOL TV back in the Sports Package. Don't understand.

13 of 23 (1,741 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 25, 2013 8:02:19 AM
(0)
Teacher

It's about money.

14 of 23 (1,733 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 25, 2013 8:25:42 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

chaffmeister wrote:

Fox Sports 2 is in HD here in Arlington, TX. Now if we just get GOL TV back in the Sports Package. Don't understand.

Not going to happen.  The future of Gol TV is not bright.

15 of 23 (1,727 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 26, 2013 12:22:19 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Codycooper where are you?  I see the doubting codycooper is rather absent lately with the addition of a few channels.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

16 of 23 (1,661 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 26, 2013 2:17:32 PM
(0)
Scholar

A bit OT but happened to go to 1653 supposedly in HD which I was able to view on my SD account.  What up with that?

17 of 23 (1,641 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 26, 2013 3:17:22 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

wptski wrote:

A bit OT but happened to go to 1653 supposedly in HD which I was able to view on my SD account.  What up with that?

Yes, it is off topic for this thread.  You should have started a new thread.

Regardless, this weekend there is a free preview of Fox Scoccer Plus (channel 1653) which is available to all subscribers whether or not you subscribe to HD service.

18 of 23 (1,632 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 26, 2013 3:21:43 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

wptski wrote:

Are you watching on an HDTV?  

By the way, if you do not subscribe to HD service, I would be curious to know how the U-verse receiver is connected to the TV.  Are you using:  1) HDMI cable; 2) Component cable (red, green, blue); 3) Composite cable (red, white, yellow); or 4) Coaxial cable?

19 of 23 (1,630 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 26, 2013 5:32:57 PM
(0)
Scholar

To answer your OT question, I'm using a HDMI cable to a HD TV which is better than using composite input.

20 of 23 (1,613 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 27, 2013 6:46:21 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

wptski wrote:

To answer your OT question, I'm using a HDMI cable to a HD TV which is better than using composite input.

Yes HDMI is 100% for HD than composite since composite is not HD.  There is no difference in picture quality between component and HDMI. Composite is Red, Yellow, White.  Component is Red, Blue, Green.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

21 of 23 (1,562 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 27, 2013 7:12:00 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by wptski on Oct 27, 2013 at 7:12:51 AM

oufanindallas wrote:
Yes HDMI is 100% for HD than composite since composite is not HD.  There is no difference in picture quality between component and HDMI. Composite is Red, Yellow, White.  Component is Red, Blue, Green.

I beg to differ but I'm not going to argue the point.

[ Edited ]
22 of 23 (1,559 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 28, 2013 1:12:55 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

The superiority of HDMI over Component or Component over HDMI depends on too many factors to get into.  Which is better is largely subjective, unless you're trying to carry content that needs more bandwidth than component can handle.  No U-verse STB sends more content than Component can handle.

Component cannot handle all the content in a 1080p BluRay signal.

Component cannot carry an audio signal.

Component requires more cable connections on each end.

Component never suffers from a breakdown in feature negotiation between the devices.

Component doesn't suffer from the "crushed black" issue.

23 of 23 (1,478 Views)