For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Switchout's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, April 19th, 2014 4:50 AM

Worst billing system, should be investigated

I was a long time customer of AT&T (over 10 years) and recently switched to a new provider after years of putting up with at&t's awful billing system. There are ridiculous hidden charges and a serious lack of transparency.  I had to call countless times to discuss new charges on my bill that would pop up out of nowhere. I got so sick of it sometimes because of how time consuming the process was that I ended up overpaying so as not to deal with this horrendous company. Had it not been for At&t's contract with apple, I would have left long ago. 

Even now, I continue to be billed by at&t after having terminated my plan 3 months ago!!!  my online login was immediately blocked after termination, and I was not able to stop to autopays.  To date, I have been charged over $300 in fees for absolutely nothing. This is beyond frustrating.  When I even hear the name AT&T, i get upset because of all the wasted time and stress i have endured. Not only that, the customer service was never helpful. I had to call 8 times just to get my phone unlocked (luckily accomplished by the only useful customer service rep). Managers never called as promised.  Even the customer service has improved, at&t is still far worse and far more expensive than other service providers. 

The purpose of this posting is to vent my ten years of frustration and warn google searchers to steer clear of at&t until they get their act together.  Hire some consultants to help you with your ludicrous billing program that qualifies for investigations into fraudulent activity.  I have been rallying all my friends with At&t to leave. I am so much happier with my current provider who charges 50% less while giving me unlimited minutes, data, and texting. however, i'd even pay double at&t rates to reduce all the stress they give me. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

6 years ago

Trip down memory lane....

note where each person lives by clicking their screen name.  Utah is one of the cheaper states.  Florida, California and D.C. are some of the highest..   Connecticut is on the lower side.   

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.