Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
aeriform's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, December 9th, 2018 8:27 PM

Waiting 2 months for a resolution, got charged anyway. Roaming on Cruise. HELP!!

Hey all.

I've been a customer for over 15 years.

I was incorrectly charged $500+ in roaming charges while on a cruise in October. I spoke with reps and I was guaranteed that I would not need to pay that and that it would get removed.

Two months since then, I called again on November 29th, was told it would be resolved within 72 hours.

Not only was it not resolved, but my auto pay kicked back in even though I disabled it, and I was charged the full $500+.

When I call today to customer loyalty/retention, Im told that they are still working on the case (2 months?), and when I ask to speak to a supervisor, I have now been on hold for 45 minutes.

This is insanity. I need this resolved. I have a case number and everything:

ATT CASE #: CM20181127_137808757

PLEASE HELP!!!!

ACE - Expert

• 

14.3K Messages

5 years ago

What makes you say the charges are incorrect? Were you not on a cruise? 

Just because a case is created doesn’t mean that it will be resolved in your favor. If the charges are legit, they’re unlikely to be waived. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

The supervisor assured me that I would be refunded, this is 100% marked in the case number on file. 

Please help @ATTCares

ACE - Expert

• 

14.3K Messages

5 years ago

@aeriform wrote:

The supervisor assured me that I would be refunded, this is 100% marked in the case number on file. 

Please help @ATTCares

That doesn't answer the question. It doesn't matter what a supervisor might have said. They're paid to make you happy when you hang up the phone. Telling you a case was created got you off the phone. 

So, back to my question: What makes you say the charges were incorrect? Were you not on a cruise?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.7K Messages

5 years ago

@aeriform

@MicCheck Is correct.  Based on past posts on the forum, if you ran up the charges, you will pay most or all.  

This generally isn’t how you reach ATT.  What you do get is other customers, who unlike ATT are not paid to make you happy or pass the buck to get you off the phone.  

The roaming charges in error, if they were your error, are unlikely to be credited.  As for 2 months, it can take 2 bill periods for all roaming charges to come in from foreign carriers.  Once it all checks out you would probably get a terse email saying case is closed.  

Since cruise ships and airplanes are not covered on domestic or land roaming plans, you might want to figure out how to not make this mistake again, no matter how it works out.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.