For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
crjackson's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, July 5th, 2017 11:30 PM

LOCAL STORE CALLING ASKING FOR AN APPLE I.D.

APPROX. 6:45 PM 7/5/17 810-245-1500 ATNT STORE LAPEER MI,

Called asking was my fiance around, ( the account is under her name and my number is secondary). i informed them no. The store associate proceeded to say that they needed the APPLE ID for a device that was traded in over 2 Months Previously.  MAY 6TH 2017 is the purchase date for the Two IPHONE 7 and was talked into a Ipad With data for 10 dollars a month.

After asking the associate why so long? she had no response, after i told her it sounded extremely shady to ask something over the phone months after, she put her manager on the phone. He repeated that their inventory person comes in once a month ( over 2 months at this point) to do the trade ins and this one was not done properly.

I told him we would come to the store with a credit to our account, for the inconvenience or they could mail us the device with pre paid postage and we could mail to ATNT directly.

He declined, in which he said he would back charge the phone against our account as a threat.

i asked for his district managers Number, of course he declined, he did tell me his name Jeff Hall, which i found and will reach out to on linked in.

Has anyone ever heard of this??

ACE - Expert

• 

14.3K Messages

7 years ago

Yeah, it does seem kind of shady. I think you should go to the store and sort this out in person. If there was something you didn't do before trading in, you can do it there. If they were trying to do something shady, I'm sure the story will change when they see you.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

Regardless of if it's legit or not, you can't give out your password over the phone!

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

7 years ago

Hi @crjackson

Like @MicCheck said, it sounds odd, and my personal guess is that the phone still has an iCloud lock activated on it, which should be disabled when doing a trade in, and that's also something that the store rep should have asked you to do at that time. The location in question is an authorized retailer store, and our influence with them is limited (as they're an independent business), but our team will be happy to look into this issue for you and help with whatever we can. Please send us a private message by clicking here (you will need to log back into the Forums, please don't reply to a forums notification email this post generates). Please include your full name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached.

I realize it's a major inconvenience, but if possible, it'll probably be much quicker to stop by the store and get the iCloud information removed from the phone. Another reason why it's important to take care of it is that there might still be some personal information on the phone, but it's more likely that it just can't be activated because of that iCloud activation lock.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

ACE - Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

7 years ago

@crjackson: Never give out personal Apple ID to anybody. Probraly fiance forget to remove iphone from personal iCloud account. You or your fiance can go into "Find My iPhone" and  remotely "forget" the iphone that was traded in 2 months ago. Then can go to this AT&T Store and find out what's really going on.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

7 years ago

Glad we have ATT CS on this, because the possibility of a charge back is true.
$0 is given on icloud locked phones
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.