For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Tarasue81's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, August 16th, 2013 5:56 AM

Recent channels viewed list

Hello! Last night while watching tv, I sat on my silver uverse remote. When I looked up, on the right side of the screen, a menu saying "recent channels" was listed. I accidently pressed exit anactor the life of me can't figure out how to get it back on the screen. I have tried pressing every button and different combinations of buttons. Does ANYONE have ANY advice on this? I would be extregreat grateful!! thanks guys!

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

10 years ago

@AtlantaNole wrote:
I know this thread is fairly old, but I've figured out how to replicate this while watching live TV. Press the back button, then last and the list will show up.

Nope.  Didn't work for me.

Mentor

• 

91 Messages

10 years ago

Looks like the latest STB version 2.4.29140.12 eliminated this capability.

unnamed.jpg

If anyone who hasn't been updated to 2.4.29140.12 could check this out and reply, it would be great.

1 Attachment

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

10 years ago

@catchtwentytwo wrote:

Looks like the latest STB version 2.4.29140.12 eliminated this capability.

unnamed.jpg

If anyone who hasn't been updated to 2.4.29140.12 could check this out and reply, it would be great.

I'm running 2.2.28184.50 and found that it only works when you are watching On Demad and not regular programming...which I find weird. 

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Select "Menu", scroll down to "options", in system settings there is an option for "recently watched", select and enable. When watching TV you can press "last" it will show your recently viewed channels.

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I figured it out! All you have to do is go to menu, then options and then to system and then go to recently watched and it gives you an option to enable the list to show everytime you press the last button of the last ten programs you've watched. Once you've enabled it to do so, exit to live TV, press the last button and the list will show. They should have it like this to begin with and tell people how to do it. One of att big mistakes is uverse is not very user friendly, we shouldn't have to figure out stuff like this. They should let people know how to do this from the start. That's like Apple iPhone doesn't come with a manual and they claim it's so easy that people should be able to figure it out. If that were the case then they wouldn't need a tips and tricks app to help people figure it out. If they are worried about trees then make a manual for the whole operation of the phone in an app so it's easy on the consumer and att should do the same. I think we all pay enough for them to do this! Anyway, hope this helps. 

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Follow up on my last post pertaining to last button list. If you have more than one box on same network or account the last button list will show last for every box on account, not a list specific to each box. Since they are linked the list shows the last for every box on account on each box. This is stupid and lame! Comcast already has this figured out and each individual box shows a list of recent channels viewed specific to each different box. Att obviously hasn't done this. Dumb,dumb,dumb!!!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.