For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
baseballisback's profile
ACE - Professor

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

Tuesday, December 16th, 2014 7:15 PM

December Channel Notifications

http://www.uversechannels.com/national-legal-description

Notice Appearing in USA today on December 16, 2014

AT&T's contracts with programmers for the content displayed on U-verse TV service periodically expire, or may be terminated, but are usually re-negotiated or extended with no interruption or change for our U-verse members. Additionally, from time to time it is necessary to change channel line-ups as well as television package contents. The programming changes set forth below may occur as follows:

December 2014:

As previously noticed, AT&T's contract with the programmer for the following channels is set to expire. While these channels will continue to be available to U-verse members so long as AT&T has the rights to carry them, if a reasonable agreement cannot be reached with the programmer the programming will no longer be available. AT&T may modify the channel location for the programming by moving them from their current channel location to a channel between 9501 – 9599, and if a reasonable longer term agreement cannot be reached with the programmers, we may lose the rights to carry them (listed in alphabetical order) in or after December 2014: World Fishing Network HD (channel 1679 in HD).

February 2015:

AT&T's contract with the programmer for the following channels is set to expire. While these channels will continue to be available to U-verse members so long as AT&T has the rights to carry them, if a reasonable agreement cannot be reached with the programmer the programming will no longer be available. AT&T may modify the channel location for the programming by moving them from their current channel location to a channel between 9501 – 9599, and if a reasonable longer term agreement cannot be reached with the programmers, we may lose the rights to carry them (listed in alphabetical order) in or after February 2015: GMA Pinoy (channel 3683).

As well as the following local channels:

1.) For California, in the San Diego area, XETV (channel 6 and 1006 in HD);

(2.) For Texas, in the Odessa area, KWWT (channel 5).

Effective February 28, 2015 the following channels will be removed from the U-verse channel line-up: MC 70s (channel 5128), MC 80s (channel 5127), MC 90s (channel 5126), MC Adult Alternative (channel 5116), MC Alternative (channel 5115), MC Blues (channel 5143), MC Classic Country (channel 5133), MC Classic Rock (channel 5118), MC Contemporary Christian (channel 5134), MC Country Hits (channel 5132), MC Dance-EDM (channel 5103), MC Easy Listening (channel 5145), MC Gospel (channel 5111), MC Hip-Hop and R&B (channel 5105), MC Hip-Hop Classics (channel 5107), MC Hit List (channel 5101), MC Jazz (channel 5142), MC Indie (channel 5104), MC Kidz Only! (channel 5123), MC Light Classical (channel 5146), MC Metal (channel 5114), MC Mexicana (channel 5137), MC Musica Urbana (channel 5136), MC Party Favorites (channel 5121), MC Pop Country (channel 5130), MC Pop Hits (channel 5120), MC Pop Latino (channel 5135), MC Pop Rhythmic (channel 5102), MC R&B Classics (channel 5109), MC R&B Soul (channel 5110), MC Rap (channel 5106), MC Reggae (channel 5112), MC Rock (channel 5113), MC Rock Hits (channel 5117), MC Singers & Swing (channel 5144), MC Smooth Jazz (channel 5141), MC Soft Rock (channel 5119), MC Solid Gold Oldies (channel 5129), MC Sounds of the Seasons (channel 5139), MC Soundscapes (channel 5140), MC Teen MC (channel 5122), MC Throwback Jamz (channel 5108), MC Todays Country (channel 5131), MC Toddler Tunes (channel 5124), MC Tropicales (channel 5138), MC Y2K (channel 5125), and Music Choice Play (channel 501, 5100, and 1501 in HD).

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Here in San Diego, CA, the Stingray music app channels 1531 & 531 have NOT worked for me at least 95% of the time, while I have zero problems with the nearly similar channel (app) Country Deep. The first time you tune into the channel it will work. After that if you try to go back in, all you get is the spinning wheel. Some days I can never get it to load. I have been in touch with ATT customer service and have wasted at least 9 hours on my time on various phone calls over a month and a half time period, during which, I was told to switch out my modem, dvr (twice), and have had a tech come out to my house. Every single person I've spoken with over the phone has given me different excuses, yet nobody knows anything as what the problem is. I can go on and on about how the Stingray music channel has numerous flaws and how nobody in ATT knows how to fix them.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

9 years ago

@DonoRomantico wrote:
Here in San Diego, CA, the Stingray music app channels 1531 & 531 have NOT worked for me at least 95% of the time, while I have zero problems with the nearly similar channel (app) Country Deep. The first time you tune into the channel it will work. After that if you try to go back in, all you get is the spinning wheel. Some days I can never get it to load. I have been in touch with ATT customer service and have wasted at least 9 hours on my time on various phone calls over a month and a half time period, during which, I was told to switch out my modem, dvr (twice), and have had a tech come out to my house. Every single person I've spoken with over the phone has given me different excuses, yet nobody knows anything as what the problem is. I can go on and on about how the Stingray music channel has numerous flaws and how nobody in ATT knows how to fix them.

I've had zero issues going into the app via Menu>Interactive.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.