For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
awatkins55's profile

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

Wednesday, October 8th, 2014 5:32 AM

Powermat Wireless Charging Quick Circle Folio Case PMA LG G3 Black

Have LG G3 phone and purchased two powermat from duracell and the Powermat Wireless Charging Quick Circle Folio Case PMA LG G3 Black from ATT. Received the first case and it worked for about a week. Went to charge it and it failed. Contacted ATT and was told they were out of stock on a replacement case. So i sent it in as requested and it took over a month for them to recieve it and for me to get a refund. I saw they had them in stock again and ordered another case and recieved it a few days later. The new case arrived and placed the phone in the case and attempted to charge it again and right out of the box the new case failed to charge. Got on the phone with ATT about the problem. And serching the web this problem is popping up quite frequently. They contacted LG to see if they are aware of this problem. LG has given me an RA to send the case into them so they can run test on the case to see if in fact its defective. ATT is aware of this problem and chose to do nothing about it. If this problem is not fixed it time to change providers. I have placed a call to Duracell to have the powermat checked but is going to hold off because the powermats are doing there job. This promblem is with the phone and the case. Anyone choosing to use wireless charging and is having this problem we need to let ATT and LG to work out there differences and get this fixed as soon as possible. I'm on my second phone and second case now.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

9 years ago

I don't entirely agree. But I don't entirely disagree either.

We can blame AT&T for changing charging systems. I understand why they asked for it. I understand why those with previous QI chargers would be annoyed. Hey, I still don't appreciate the change in my dish washing detergent (since my dishes are cloudy and often not clean) , but the EPA is pushing for green products and technology. This is supposedly (we shall see) why the switch to a new partnership and the PMA over QI wireless charging.
However.....in the end
Since LG repaired his phone, their manufacturing was at fault.

As you know, I am former Verizon Customer and looking at unlocked phones. As far as I'm concerned customer loyalty is as good as "what can you do for me today?" Verizon keeps lowering data costs and is offering unlocked out of the box phones. (I can't even look at the yellow and pink without a snort of derision )
If 'cell wars' keeps going, I may be back with the 'red' in a year. I won't blame any company for making a choice anymore - if I can understand an live with it, fine, if not, I will just leave. Come on, hasn't it got to the point where you dread seeing "loyal customer" in the first sentence also? I will be honest. I am only as loyal as the dollar signs I see on my bill.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

9 years ago

Cell phones today is just like the auto industry, new cars come out yearly, new phones come out quarterly. You pay that kind of money you want it to work. You dont drive off a lot and your engine freeze up. In that scenario the manufacter would be at fault, the dealer repair it cause it's under warranty. They at least give you a loner. ATT didn't want to give me credit for the time i was without service.The problem was ATT because they should have troubleshoot the problem more thorougly instead of just replacing the phone. As said compare the recalls the auto industry have and they will fix it. Phone industry will drag it out you have a one year warranty and hopefully insurance to cover out of warranty. QI was the standard and PMA is like Cadillac put it out there and we will fix only if the customer experiance a problem. All the carriers see $$$ when you walk in and no one in the store can help you or answer any technical problems. ATT YOU HAVE BEEN FIRED AS MY PHONE PROVIDER. Thanks DT.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.