For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
Joeev's profile

5 Messages

Wednesday, March 20th, 2024 5:56 PM

Enabling wifi calling on OnePlus 12

I've spoke with att customer service twice about enabling wifi calling on my unlocked OnePlus 12 the first time they said I needed a software update that they'd send to me and never got. Next time they tried a few things and then created a support ticket. I still don't have wifi calling or video calling, never got the software update they said they'd send me. So hopefully this will help me and others who are using a OnePlus to be able to have wifi calling and video. Has anyone had this issue fixed and if so how'd they fix it. Any info would help.

5 Messages

2 months ago

OnePlus says my OnePlus 12 is fully compatible with WiFi calling and the only reason it's not working is because att doesn't have it enabled for BYOD program. I chatted with the escalation team last night for like 2-3 hours and they couldn't figure it out and told me to buy one of their cell boosters so I wouldn't need wifi calling. That's just crazy to me that they'd rather me spend more money instead of them just enabling the WiFi calling. They said they would try and work on a fix for the wifi calling for the byod program so we will see.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.4K Messages

2 months ago

🤣

Sweetie that's what they call lip service. Verizon and AT&T are full of it.

If you want this function to work you're going to have to switch to T-Mobile. I'm currently running a black view 6100 which is a chunky 4-in screen smartphone. AT&T won't let it run at all on their network. Verizon doesn't like it but it does run on an older 4G SIM that I had for a OnePlus 6T. It runs perfectly on T-Mobile including Wi-Fi calling.  

It should be noted that AT&T and Verizon are American companies. T-Mobile is not, and is primarily owned by a German telecom company.  

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.