Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help with your equipment?
JumpingRock's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, June 23rd, 2015 6:34 PM

Intermittent Connection

Please help!

I am a small business owner that relies on a fast/strong internet connection for day-to-day operation.

I started my AT&T U-Verse service about 2 months ago and have had issues since day one. I'll try to be brief...

Plan and specs:

- 45mbps Plan

- Modem: Arris NVG589

- Made on 10/30/2014

- Hardwired to two iMacs running Yosemite 10.10.3 (issue still exists while using wi-fi)

- Brand new installation (has been reinstalled a total of three time in attempts to fix the problem)

Issues:

- My connection drops out constantly... Countless times, all day, everyday.

- 8 Different techs have been here trying to fix it. The last attempt was 3 guys that we're here from 9am-10pm. They were very nice, worked very hard and they tried everything they could think of, but... no luck

- Can never stream video consistently (we are a Video Production company… this is very important)

- Email attachments sometimes fail to attach

- Emails sometimes fail to send

- websites won’t fully load

- Our cloud storage does not properly sync (this has caused many headaches)

Notes:

- The techs basically replaced everything. They said ‘I probably have the cleanest line in the city’

- speedtest.net says we are getting the full speed and more (50 up and ~6 down)

- The techs say that they have run out of things to fix, yet the problem still exists

Please let me know if you need any more information. Thank you for your help.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @JumpingRock,

I am so sorry about the issues you are having with your services, but I will be glad to help. One thing that may help is disabling the IPv6. Here is a great post that goes over it. Let us know how it goes.

-David T

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

David,

Thank you very much for your response.

Unfortunately, that seemed to make things worse. I couldn't even load a website after following the steps.

Do you have any other suggestions? 

Thanks!

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

9 years ago

That is odd. Try restarting your gateway after you make the change. Is your connection wired or wireless? Also, I would be happy to look into this further and get some tests ran. If you could please send me a message by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, account number, phone number, and the best time to reach you. 

In the meantime, let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-David T

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Holy... cow... It worked!

Thank you so very much! This has been a HUGE headache. I really appriciate your help.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.