For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
RemingtonJ's profile

6 Messages

Tuesday, April 23rd, 2024 10:27 PM

New Home - Please Turn on AT&T Fiber

At the end of March, I moved to a new build community in Charlotte, NC. When I was looking at the homes in January, the builder assured me that AT&T had already laid the line for Fiber and it would be on and ready for my move in. It is now towards the end of April and AT&T has still not turned on the internet service even though I know it is available since the Sales Office has internet service. I have seen AT&T people out and about in the neighborhood but I am still waiting for them to just turn it on so I can have internet. I am perfectly willing and able to pay for service, as are my neighbors, I just need AT&T to flip the switch to turn it on for everyone else besides the Sales office. Every time I call AT&T, they confirm everything I have said but that they do not have a timeline when it will be available yet. I am living off a very slow hot spot and while it is of course a first-world problem, I just want AT&T to take my money so I have internet service, especially when the line is already there and ready so it is a win-win for AT&T to start making some money off of it. Can anyone help with this?

Scholar

• 

3.8K Messages

11 days ago

There is no way for the builder to have known the AT&T Fiber roll-out schedule. First do any neighbors on your street show AT&T Fiber available today? Check this link with their addresses:

https://www.att.com/availability

Dave

6 Messages

11 days ago

No, no one else has AT&T Fiber available today, the only address that comes up with it is the Sales Office. I have checked the availability website routinely whenever I call AT&T to ask for an update at least once a week. I know that the Sales Office has internet because I can see the Wifi router name when I connect devices to my hot spot, but it is password protected so I know it could be available for us since it is for them. 

Scholar

• 

3.8K Messages

11 days ago

What shows when you enter the address of the Sales office at the availability web page? They may have Business Fiber vs Residential Fiber that would be rolled out to your neighborhood.

Next take a walk along your street to see if you have any AT&T green pedestals or green handholes in the front or back yards?

Dave

6 Messages

11 days ago

Do you mean these things?

Scholar

• 

3.8K Messages

11 days ago

Maybe but could you post what is printed on the top. That really looks like a Cable TV pedestal. What did you find listed for the Sales office on the availability site?

Next you need to find a Primary Flexibility Point (PFP). There is where the Fiber from the Central Office connects to the local Fiber for your neighborhood. The PFPs come in multiple sizes depended on the number of address to be served. Here are a couple of examples:

Large PFP 432-864 connections

Small PFP 216-232 connections

Dave

6 Messages

11 days ago

The Sales Office says that AT&T Internet is not available but says that AT&T Business internet solutions is available.

The green pedestal says Channell Commercial Corporation on the top.

And I think this is the PFP.

Scholar

• 

3.8K Messages

11 days ago

Sorry but that does not look like AT&T Fiber equipment. The green pedestal that says Channel Commercial Corporation on the top points to a Cable ISP provider's TAP instead of an AT&T Fiber pedestal with a Fiber terminal. Most AT&T Pedestals are smooth and round with a square base.

The Green box also appears to be for a Cable ISP since it is on an "alpha" ground vault Amp enclosure that may contain backup batteries. For it to be an AT&T PFP it would need to be off-white / beige and on a concrete pad. Does it have a second door on the back? 

So far you don't appear to have any AT&T Infrastructure in your neighborhood. Your pictures also don't have any identifying numbers on the Ped or box which would indicate they are ready for use.

How developed is your neighborhood build out? Examples: 10%-30% or higher.

Dave

6 Messages

11 days ago

This is the back of the box that I thought was the PFP.

So far the neighborhood has 10 townhomes sold and another 10 are hitting the market soon, likely by the end of the month. There are 20 others under some phase of construction. I think they said there would be 60 or 65 townhomes total. 

It is really weird to me that the builder would say everything is ready to go with AT&T but there is no equipment/infrastructure in the neighborhood. Not saying you're wrong, just trying to figure out who to be more frustrated with based on this information.

Scholar

• 

3.8K Messages

11 days ago

It is really weird to me that the builder would say everything is ready to go with AT&T but there is no equipment/infrastructure in the neighborhood. Not saying you're wrong, just trying to figure out who to be more frustrated with based on this information.

Check with the Sales office or Builder. It really looks like they went with a Cable TV/ISP provider based on the pictures you provided. Do you have any other providers other then the rumored AT&T Fiber?

Dave

6 Messages

11 days ago

Unfortunately no, I checked with Google Fiber, Spectrum, and Verizon, but none of them have anything here either (Verizon didn't even have the address). 
Of course I recognize its a first world problem, just annoying. Thanks for all your help Dave, I checked with the Sales Office on Monday so I'll check again on Friday so as not to be too annoying. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.