For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
T

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, April 26th, 2020 9:50 PM

New AT&T Fiber Install/Billing Questions

Just signed up for the introductory 12-month offer to AT&T Fiber. A couple of quick questions.

• There is no way to Ethernet wire directly from the ONT Terminal to my own third-party router (ASUS RT-AC68U), as the ONT Terminal needs to communicate with an AT&T Device (like the Arris BGW210-700) to manage the IP lease from the network? I know about the IP Passthough mode for the BGW210-700, but there is no way to avoid having to wire in BGW210-700 as that intermediary?

• I actually bought my own Arris BGW210-700, in preparation for the install (tech has to complete the ONT Terminal in my apartment) but I was told that there is no way to waive the $10 equipment fee, even though I am providing my own device? Or is that only during the 12-month introductory offer?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

4 years ago

Simply put, you must use the AT&T gateway to authenticate service, and even if AT&T will activate your own BGW210, you'll still be billed the $10 monthly fee.

• 

3 Messages

Thanks for the concise response, Dave.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

4 years ago

Just out of curiosity....where did you buy the BGW210? Those are leased and owned equipment from AT&T and any being sold aftermarket are stolen.

Good luck with getting it provisioned.

• 

3 Messages

If that is the case, a couple of eBay sellers are going to be in trouble.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.