Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
Chassler's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, March 21st, 2017 7:58 PM

Closed

Customer Complaint: Unsatisfied Customer

Customer Complaint: Unsatisfied Customer

Very unhappy and just cancelled my service but would be happy to come back under the right circumstances.  

I ordered your service around the first week of February because AT&T Fiber just moved into my area.  It was a fantastic first experience with a very knowledgably Sales Representative who let me know the fiber was available in my area and he was happy to sell me a package.  It was supposed to be a bundled package of internet and basic television with 50 MBPS for I believe 65 or 70 dollars monthly.  I scheduled time off from work to be there during the installation of the "Fiber" but showed up and it was a Dish Network installer ready to put a Dish on my home that I did not order. So, I made a phone call to customer care to sort out the issues but the phone call literally took an hour and thirty minutes to get my situation resolved.  I would call AT&T and they would say it’s not our issue you have to call Direct TV.  Direct TV would say to call you. An infinite circle of frustrating phone calls as you probably understand.  finally got my situation resolved after speaking to a Floor supervisor that assured me everything would be fine on the next attempt. He even gave me a 5 dollar a month discount on the package and waived installation and setup fees for my troubles and setup another date. I felt good about where we left off. Benefit of the doubt mistakes happen, right?  

I took off another half day from work for another installation date and a very friendly lady gave me a courtesy phone call that she was in the area and would be to the house shortly to facilitate the installation. So, in my excitement I said I've been extremely excited about getting FIBER installed in our home.  

She paused and said oh I'm sorry sir I am installing Coax cable into your home today.  So, I replied I did not order a Cable installation this was supposed to be a Fiber installation.  She did the right thing and made some notes and did a little research for me to which ended with and apology that Fiber has not been activated yet in my area. So, she made some notes and said that a representative will be in touch with me to discuss my situation.

Fast forward to today.  I spent another hour on the phone with several employee's claiming to be Supervisors and Managers that assured me they would be able to fix my situation.  One gentlemen had the audacity to attempt to sell me a more expensive package as a resolve to my situation.  Which made my Fiancé and I a little more frustrated minute to minute as I’m sure you understand.  This went on and on with multiple people today. Being put on hold then hung up on.  I can say this experience must be one of the worst I’ve had the pleasure of dealing with ever.  I have worked in Customer Service for many years and understand service industry’s through and through.  But cannot comprehend how this could possibly snowball into the chaotic confusion it is.  I was practically throwing money at you.  No one called me I called you because I heard wonderful things about the company and noticed it in my area.

I feel this certainly merits a significant discount / upgrade on behalf of AT&T.  I am not an individual that tries to manipulate the system or take advantage of any corporation, small business or individual ever.  I literally have spent probably five hours or more of time invested in getting your service in place in my home and would really like to have fiber installed in my home still?  But feel the only way to get anyone’s attention was you send this email or private message.

Thank you,

Chaz 

Voyager

• 

10 Messages

7 years ago

Chassler Be very spacious if you do get fiber from ATT. Some report they get little (not anywhere close to what they paid for) to no speed (drop out) when they get ATT fiber. To get fiber they would have to barrier fiber to your house and you make sure they clean up before they leave. Some people had their line just laying on the ground and never buried it for years even after the person called multiple times.

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

7 years ago

Have you made a research if Fiber is really available in the area?

Go to att.com/gigapower and enter your address.

You have the option to get notified when Fiber becomes available if it's not available now.

Don't believe everything the Sales people tell you. Do your own research first. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Yes its available in my area my neighbor has an install scheduled for the 23rd.

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

7 years ago

If you don't have any pending order with them anymore, you could try ordering online. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

@Curious Cat thats a good point!

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have gone around and around with AT&T in an attempt to get fiber installed on the grounds of my business.  The fiber optics are coiled up on the pole just outside with new conduit ready to go, but it has been four years and dozens of hours on the phone with no results.  The operators are always cheerful and polite, but they have no clue how to get anything done.  My calls are passed around to multiple people, always the wrong ones, with no results.

There have been several visits by "technical" people who promise to follow through, who then disappear.  One operator took two hours to sell me the package, then I had to wait two months for installation, and they sent the tech to the wrong address . Cancelling the package took six hours on the phone.

When we needed new phone lines pulled from the pole, first they sent a guy with the wrong truck for pole work, then they sent a guy who was so clueless we ended up pulling the lines ourselves while he stood by.

The latest operator sent me wireless routers that were not compatible with my equipment, and could not be sent back without more hours on the phone to get a return label.  This is only a small sample of the nightmare we have experienced.

This is at the top of the list of the worst customer service I have ever experienced.

EET

Former Moderator

• 

697 Messages

3 years ago

Hi @eethomsen

Thank you for sharing your concern.

As per AT&T Community Guidelines, we will have to close this thread, as it is 4 years old. We would request you to post it as a new conversation.

Have a great day!

Regards, 
AT&T Moderator

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.