Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
Dkuzi88's profile

2 Messages

Wednesday, April 10th, 2024 1:03 PM

AT&T fiber internet

I signed up for AT&T fiber last fall and since then, houses around me have received it. I called AT&T yesterday and the rep (who was very unprofessional btw) said that I would have to pay AT&T $15,000-$30,000 in order to have it connected. Fiber has been available in my neighborhood for months and it is in the pole infront of my house. The rep said that it's probably because I live in an "old house", but news to him, my house is the newest in the neighborhood. We have been AT&T home internet customers for over 10 years so this treatment is very disappointing. Every other service provider is offering fiber at my address, and I don't have to pay $15,000-$30,000 for it...

Scholar

• 

3.9K Messages

1 month ago

I called AT&T yesterday and the rep (who was very unprofessional btw) said that I would have to pay AT&T $15,000-$30,000 in order to have it connected.

No way a CSR would quote you a price or even a price range. They just read scripts from their computer in the Call Center. The prices you mentioned in your post are what Cable ISPs charge to add service to new address that was not covered in the coverage area.

How long has AT&T Fiber been available on your street?

Every other service provider is offering fiber at my address, and I don't have to pay $15,000-$30,000 for it...

How new is your house? Do houses on either side of your address on the same side of your street qualify for AT&T Fiber You can verify service is available at their addresses here: https://www.att.com/availability

If you see Fiber on your utility pole can you find the Orange tag that has a number posted on it in Black? If yes, have you requested an Address Verification request by calling 1-800-288-2020?

Your next option is to open an Informal FCC complaint by starting at this page: https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us/articles/115002206106-Internet-Complaints

Once you complete the FCC form and submit it someone from AT&T will contact you directly. Have as much information as possible available: Pole number, nearest addresses that qualify for AT&T Fiber.

Dave

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.