Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
What is happening with 3G?
raykinok's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Monday, August 25th, 2014 3:24 PM

DPH 153 Microcell No Longer Working after Phone/Number Change

Recently moved to a new state.  Changed all microcell settings online and microcell connected (altho my calls inside the house still were breaking up and dropping).

Then got new phones (Galaxy S5) and new phone numbers.  Changed all the associated online settings (devices/numbers) for microcell and also powered the new phones/numbers off/on near the tower.  Now microcell not connecting at all.

Model DPH153.

GPS and 3G light just flashing for days.

Rehooked up everything from cable modem to wireless router to cell tower several times... no luck, Ran online troubleshooting seps, waited over 24 hours (actually 3 days now).  Rehooked up power and etheret cables again... still flashing GPS and 3G.  The microcell sits on the window sill pointed right at downtown Tulsa OK (not what you would call a rural location!)

Called AT&T for help, but after being on hold for microcell tech support several minutes, call dropped (naturally!).

Using cox cable company modem box, a Netgear N600 dual band wireless router... but, this is all the same set up I had at my former home and with what was working when I first moved here before changing phones and phone numbers.

Just frustrating because I had to get the microcell for dropped calls at home and when it doesnt work either, I am at a loss.

Any advice is appreciated.

Ray

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Unplugged the powerline adaptors.

Speed Test

Download   32.49Mbps

Upload  5.17Mbps

VOIP Test = all green except consistency was yellow and rated 81%

Unplugged the wireless router and I connected directly to the modem and the satellite came on solid green but the 3G rewmained flashing green, even after a couple of hours.

Yes, modem and ISP changed with the move from PA to OK.  The Cox cable-provided modem is an Arris (?).  My wireless router is the Netgear (but powered down for testing wheter I could get satellite and 3G connection).

Netgear 600 plugged back in now and was used for the above two tests (speed & voip).

Do you know how I can check to see if firewall ports are open for the settings AT&T shows on page 25 of the User Guide?

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

10 years ago

Your tests would appear to be satisfactory and I wouldn't give the consistency value much weight as it is a calculated value that doesn't seem to mean much from my experience.

The modem should state it's model number somewhere on the unit.  My concern is that it may not be just a modem and could be a gateway.  It's critical to get this information so we can further diagnose your problem.  If it is a gateway and you are connecting a router to it, you could be experiencing a double NAT issue which the Mcell does not play well with.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks ...

Arris Touchstone Telephony Modem... no model number anywhere.

I tried to see if the S/N might give a clue, but it doesnt.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.4K Messages

10 years ago

Go to the Arris website and see if you can find any information. Or ask your ISP. Sometimes you have to powercycle  your modem if you do the alternate connection to make sure it detects the MicroCell. If the alternate connection doesn't work at all, that narrows down the problem to either the MicroCell or your ISP (connection and/or hardware). There are programs that can determine if the necessary ports are open but they are not always reliable. You ISP should be able to determine that for you. AT&T can also see if those ports are open to them or not. However, it will be up to your ISP to figure out why they aren't open and open them. AT&T can't tell the ISP how to configure their network.

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

10 years ago

Do you use internet telephone in your home?  If not, why did Cox give you a telephony modem?

The label with the serial number on it should also have the Model number.  Reviewing Cox's webpage, the Arris Telephony modems that aren't at least TM700 series or higher are DOCSIS 2.0 and aren't even recommended anymore.  Cox has listed a TM602G telephony modem as equipment they use on their website.

If I were you and I didn't use Cox's internet telephone service, I'd tell them to give you a DOCSIS 3.0 modem to replace that Arris piece of...well...let's just say I don't think much of them.

There is a recessed reset button on the back of Arris modems.  After connecting the Mcell directly to the modem, it would be a good idea to reset the modem and try again.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.