For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
nyhunter77's profile

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

Tuesday, November 8th, 2011 12:52 PM

Very very very slow hspa+ data speeds on Iphone 4S

Just curious how many other people are having dead slow data speeds on the iphone 4S on the Hspa+ network AND Wifi?

I've switched phones once already and changed sims last night. Nothing seems to improve.

The Iphone4 was awesome at everything in the Chicago &  New York areas.

Now at least in Chicago, I can't get down speeds more than 0.6 mb down and up speeds of no more than 0.1 mb.

I usually have zero connection to the data network in most places as well except underground in the subway on one area of north downtown. 😮

I don't know what to do as I have sold my Iphone4 already, I can't go back. No one seems to be complaining about this issue to ATT or stores though.  Am I the only one ???

So in addition, it's very slow on my wifi network as well while I have a few laptops and an ipad doing fine.  My significant other's older apple device and computer are fine speed wise as well.

Any suggestions? or are u guys just fine?

Thanks,

Ken

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

12 years ago

Sometimes newer isn't always better, as it has proven to be true in your case, Irish Rose. Still, I bet you enjoyed the iPhone 4S experience and wouldn't mind going back to one.

Hopefully Apple will change the design of the next iPhone, to make a more noticeable difference in exterior appearance - not that the current iPhones aren't already attractive enough. 😉

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

I've been having truoble too.  I know I'm 3 months late to the conversation, but once I get downtown and start work, by 9:00 in the morning, my #G data stops responding.  It is the most frustrating thing to not be able to accomplish what I want with such an expensive piece of hardware.  AT&T has issues and I'm about to the end of my rope with them.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

12 years ago

@funboy1126 wrote:

I've been having truoble too.  I know I'm 3 months late to the conversation, but once I get downtown and start work, by 9:00 in the morning, my #G data stops responding.  It is the most frustrating thing to not be able to accomplish what I want with such an expensive piece of hardware.  AT&T has issues and I'm about to the end of my rope with them.

Even if you live in a city that generally has good data speeds, there are going to be certain locations where there are issues. There are dead spots in every coverage area and AT&T is continuously trying to identify those spots and fix them. You would be helping tremendously if you would get the Mark Your Spot app and report those locations where your data stops responding. AT&T can't fix it if they don't know there is a problem.

ACE - Master

• 

10.5K Messages

12 years ago

What real world hspa+ speeds are you expecting to be getting?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

no, you're not the only one. Im ready to throw my phone out the window- iPhone 4 - it's slowed down to turtle speed. no longer a smart phone but a real dumb one. Cant seem to get answers. just waiting to end my contract to go elsewhere. I think ATT's lines are too crowded and they can not deliver what they promised with these phones. I have unlimited service, pay premium, but get zero speed and service to improve this.  Thousands signing up for letters of complaint via NOw.org. check it out.

[Per Guidelines: Keep it Relevant and Appropriate]

Mentor

• 

7 Messages

12 years ago

Now it says 4G. hahaha
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.