Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
the-beard's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Friday, November 15th, 2013 4:59 PM

Galaxy s3 android update to 4.3

So I am a little bothered that I havent seen this topic on the front page with how popular the S3 was/is. The AT&T support staff tells me to check with samsung. Is this something we should look forward to or will it be skipped? Since we no longer can upgrade after 18 months it would be nice to at least get the newest software on time.

Scholar

• 

397 Messages

10 years ago

Got on my S3 and went to the Update setting just for the heck of it, and it said I have an Update. So downloading it now here in Tn.  Can tell it is very Slow 623.10MB to download.

Scholar

• 

397 Messages

10 years ago

Yep mine in Tn. is downloading now. 623.10MB seems very SLOW download.

Explorer

• 

26 Messages

10 years ago

I finally got it to download and it is running better than ever. It only took 4 hours to download. But is good for now !

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

10 years ago

I just saw that myself I can't believe it I am downloading it now it looks at it will take 20 minutes to download.  I am 14 minutes into it and I am at 48 percent. Will give another update soon. 

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

My phone said that update is suspended and i need to try in next 48 hours.. I think ATT phone are getting worse and wors same as ATT with all not caring about what customers want..

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

I think ATT is so small company they can not handle more then 1 update on time... They always sucks that why i'm thinking to change provider as soon as my contract expire.

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

10 years ago

ok download of the update was about 30 minutes adn updating was about 15 minutes it almost looks like the phone bricks at certain points but just letting it do the update it came up no problem.  It does seem quicker and the settings meu has changed and the mobile data butto is gone.  It does have knox but haven't been able to see how to access the app also lookout antivirus is not part of the update as far as I can see.

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

10 years ago

I was able to download the update in 30 minutes this morning and no problems it did take about 15 minutes to go through the update and it seemed like it was going to brick but just let it do its thing and now its running just fine still going through the menus no battery drain issues so far and it is charging with no problems. When I did the update I was righ next to my wireless router and it was pretty quick in downloading.  

Former Employee

• 

59 Messages

10 years ago

Tailgunner the update that was pulled was an international one and that has a different memory config than the AT&T version from what I understand. I updated mine yesterday with no issues, and a few new looks and feel to email and messaging apps.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

My download started, but then it stopped.  When I go to check for update, I get told I can't for another 13 hours.

Is there anywhere on the phone that I can start the update again?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.