• Favorite forums
  • My Badges
View profile
Apr 30, 2013
gregzoll_1 Apr 30, 2013
You can get those with the app I stated in this past post. Really need to look stuff up, before digging up old posts, thT at this point are ancient news.
Wireless Forums  •
31,40531K views
Solved View solution View solution
View profile
Apr 30, 2013
gregzoll_1 Apr 30, 2013
If it is going towards the Netflix or Amazon OnDemand type interface, then yes I would say it could be mixed reactions. Especially with those who hate change or alway have something to cpalin about, even though it may be for the better.
U-verse Forums  •
15,52615K views
Solved View solution View solution
View profile
Apr 30, 2013
gregzoll_1 Apr 30, 2013
I have not seen a change to OnDemand. Are you talking about the online interface at http://uverseonline.att.net/ People, you need to clarify what you are exactly talking about, because it helps in better explaining what you are talking about.
U-verse Forums  •
15,56915K views
Solved View solution View solution
View profile
Apr 28, 2013
gregzoll_1 Apr 28, 2013
I never use the apps, so it really does not affect me, what the interface looks like. The time or two that I have gone in there, I have had no issues with the appearance. As for stating that it looks like Facebook, I would compare it more to a Android or Windows 8 Metro Interface, not Facebook.
U-verse Forums  •
14,87714K views
Solved View solution View solution
View profile
Apr 27, 2013
gregzoll_1 Apr 27, 2013
Never stated that Youtube enforces DRM, so do not really know where in the world you pulled that one from. DVR's from other providers, can enforce non-playback when the network is down if they choose, and there are some that actually do this, so that if the DVR is not connected to the network, the content is not going to be played back, along with to lock the device out w...
U-verse Forums  •
3,0053005 views
Solved View solution View solution
View profile
Apr 27, 2013
gregzoll_1 Apr 27, 2013
SomeJoe7777 wrote: JefferMC wrote: The box had to be authenticated to retrieve and record the content in the first place. Because Microsoft or AT&T decided it was so, it must reauthenticate to play the content. Nothing about IPTV vs CATV/DBS means that IPTV must reauthenticate where CATV?DBS does not. CATV/DBS can (and does) have DRM built into it as well, but doesn't req...
U-verse Forums  •
3,0393039 views
Solved View solution View solution
View profile
Apr 27, 2013
gregzoll_1 Apr 27, 2013
JefferMC wrote: gregzoll_1 wrote: What more do I have to prove, that regardless what software is on the DVR, the device still has to be able to communicate with the servers, to authenticate the data stored on it for playback. Without that authentication, the box is nothing more than a doorstop. What more do you want me to say, than what I have repeated in so many differen...
U-verse Forums  •
3,0433043 views
Solved View solution View solution
View profile
Apr 27, 2013
gregzoll_1 Apr 27, 2013
What more do I have to prove, that regardless what software is on the DVR, the device still has to be able to communicate with the servers, to authenticate the data stored on it for playback. Without that authentication, the box is nothing more than a doorstop. What more do you want me to say, than what I have repeated in so many different ways already, that your argument...
U-verse Forums  •
3,0703070 views
Solved View solution View solution
View profile
Apr 27, 2013
gregzoll_1 Apr 27, 2013
Within five years Chris, we should start seeing 4k delivered across IPTV platforms, since the sets will be out by then. About five years is average on change of technology.
U-verse Forums  •
3,0673067 views
Solved View solution View solution
View profile
Apr 27, 2013
gregzoll_1 Apr 27, 2013
I am only stating that it they did not create the IPTV delivery platform, because you are so adement about it, when it comes to the platform that ATT chose to deliver the service to their customers. As for Youtube, different type of service, and is apples & oranges, to how IP delivery is done to the consumer to the set top box platform. As for the Cisco link, it is there, ...
U-verse Forums  •
3,0913091 views
Solved View solution View solution
View profile
Apr 27, 2013
gregzoll_1 Apr 27, 2013
I am not being hard headed about this. Again, if the other providers wanted to lock the boxes down, they could do it, with changing one bit during the recording process. And again, using Microsoft as the argument in this does not hold water, since they did not come up with the IPTV delivery platform, or the technology behind it. All they did, was create a platform to be us...
U-verse Forums  •
3,1133113 views
Solved View solution View solution
View profile
Apr 27, 2013
gregzoll_1 Apr 27, 2013
I know we are not talking about live content. And as for untrue, what part is not true, when it is the fact that remains, no matter what the device is that is IPTV, it has to connect regardless who manufactured the software for the device, in order to play back the content. You can keep going the direction you want SomeJoe, but what I have posted and stated, is fact, abou...
U-verse Forums  •
3,1313131 views
Solved View solution View solution
View profile
Apr 9, 2013
gregzoll_1 Apr 9, 2013
Again, if there is a output that is Red, White, Yellow, which are called Composite connections, your TV has to have the same connections, but labeled "Input". If you have the Red, Green, Blue for Video, on the VCR/DVD combo, that is called a "Component" connection. You would connect that output to the Component input on the TV, then the Red & White audio for the VCR/DVD co...
U-verse Forums  •
2,7062706 views
Solved View solution View solution
View profile
Mar 11, 2013
gregzoll_1 Mar 11, 2013
It is not the problem in Atlanta, it is once it leaves Atlanta, it is going through some bad routing. Next time it happens, contact the Party that is showing the lag, whether it is Level-3, Sprint, etc..
U-verse Forums  •
2,8822882 views
Solved View solution View solution
View profile
Feb 26, 2013
gregzoll_1 Feb 26, 2013
JefferMC wrote: I don't understand why would he want to set up ICS? He just wants to use the printer as a peripheral . Change the 168.x.x.x address on the PC to 192.168.2.2 with a netmask of 255.255.255.0. Change the address on the Printer to 192.168.2.3 with a netmask of 255.255.255.0. Ping printer from PC and get response. Voila. You are not setting up ICS. ICS Service ...
U-verse Forums  •
1,5391539 views
Solved View solution View solution
View profile
Feb 18, 2013
gregzoll_1 Feb 18, 2013
No, and even if you used a third party router that had these features, you would have to make sure that they did not know the new passphrase that you set for the NVG510, or had access to it, to reset it, to allow access. Parenting skills is what I always tell people, that works in making sure the kids know the rules, the adults are in charge, their gadgets are a privilege ...
Internet Forums  •
3,4783478 views
Solved View solution View solution
View profile
Feb 15, 2013
gregzoll_1 Feb 15, 2013
All you need is a Cat-5e with RJ-11 ends on it. As for 50-75 feet, it is easier to just pull a new jack to that location with Cat-5e, and RJ-11 Keystone for the jack, then plug the RG in at that point.
U-verse Forums  •
1,2261226 views
Solved View solution View solution
View profile
Feb 11, 2013
gregzoll_1 Feb 11, 2013
Yes, it will show calls forwarded and to what number, along with the number that got forwarded to your other number. You do know that you get charged minutes, plus an extra charge for call forwarding.
Wireless Forums  •
3,2673267 views
Solved View solution View solution
View profile
Feb 9, 2013
gregzoll_1 Feb 9, 2013
Try this http://osxdaily.com/2008/03/21/how-to-flush-your-dns-cache-in-mac-os-x/ Additional info http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5343
U-verse Forums  •
1,2091209 views
Solved View solution View solution
View profile
Feb 6, 2013
gregzoll_1 Feb 6, 2013
There is actually a McAfee cleanup tool on McAfee's site, but hard to find. Here is the info from Majorgeeks.com http://majorgeeks.com/McAfee_Consumer_Product_Removal_Tool_d5420.html
Internet Forums  •
3,2223222 views
Solved View solution View solution
View profile
Feb 1, 2013
gregzoll_1 Feb 1, 2013
Depends on when Microsoft updates the software that runs on the Set top boxes & DVR's. Keep in mind, that the software that ATT runs, is the same that is used on other systems that use this platform. As for mod's/monitor's, they do not have the pleasure to state that info, because it is privy to "For your eyes only/Internal knowledge, not to be released to the public". I i...
U-verse Forums  •
1,9461946 views
Solved View solution View solution
View profile
Jan 29, 2013
gregzoll_1 Jan 29, 2013
It has always beesn that way. You are billed for the package in advance, but if you go over say a data or talk package, that overage is showen on the next bill, as overages during the billing cycle. It actually works out nicely, because you know already what your base price is, before any overages or extra charges are attached on the next bill.
Wireless Forums  •
2,7612761 views
Solved View solution View solution
View profile
Jan 29, 2013
gregzoll_1 Jan 29, 2013
Your first bill shows a Pro-rated billing of all charges from the date of activation, to the end date of billing. It also includes a month in advance for services (beginning date of billing, to end date of billing). Everyone from ISP's, catv to cellular companies, including server hosting companies do the same kind of billing.
Wireless Forums  •
2,7872787 views
Solved View solution View solution
View profile
Jan 29, 2013
gregzoll_1 Jan 29, 2013
Yes the first bill will always be higher, than subsequent billings from that point on wards.
Wireless Forums  •
2,7942794 views
Solved View solution View solution
gregzoll_1 has no activity.
Activity Feed for gregzoll_1

Uploaded Images for gregzoll_1