Need to get in touch with a Sales Representative? Talk to a Business Expert HERE .
jayrodoh's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, November 13th, 2018 5:48 PM

SYN248 Dropping Calls/Gateways Resetting

Hi, I have two SB35010 gateways and 14 handsets.  All on software revision 1.3.1.  For the last couple months we have been experiencing an issue where calls just drop randomly and the gateways appear to be rebooting.  Support has confirmed this and recommended we put a UPS on the power supplies to ensure there are no interruptions but this did not help the issue.  Google search reveals there are many customers experiencing the same issue but I have not seen any resolution.  Has anyone here actually solved the issue?

Administrator

• 

26.2K Messages

6 years ago

Hello @jayrodoh

Thank you for reaching out on our Business Community.  I will be happy to see if my Tech Team can help.  Please private message me by clicking here the following information, so I can further assist you.

Contact Name:

Contact Number:

Contact Email:

Account Details:

Thank you.

Chris

Social Media Manager

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Still working with support on this, they are still pointing to power issue even though the UPS is new and working and all the other networking equipment is plugged into same circuit/outlet and has been running without an issue.  Last update from support informed me that the logs are wiped when it reboots therefore they cannot actually see why it is rebooting.  Anyone else experience this issue and actually resolve it?  Every other post, link, etc. that I can find online is either a dead end or they threw the system out and replaced it.

Thanks.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I've been having the same problem, AT&T sent out a replacement unit and it continues to randomly drop the calls.  There has to be a fix for this. Other than this one issue, it's been great.

Administrator

• 

26.2K Messages

5 years ago

Hello @JamesSMRC,

Thank you for your recent posting. We appreciate your participation within the Business Community. We will be happy to help. In order for me to research your issue, I will need to verify some information. Please send me a private message: https://soc.att.com/2R9g2tY

And include the following details:
Your full Name:

Business Name on Account:

Business address:

Number on your account:
Preferred Contact #:
Email address:

Thank you,

Laura G.
Social Media Manager

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Has anyone actually resolved this issue?  It happens to me on a regular basis, and I'm about to throw the unit away and try to get something that actually works.

Administrator

• 

26.2K Messages

5 years ago

Hello @camadella

Have you ever tried one of the support numbers found here: https://soc.att.com/2l8IAFI

Thank you.

Chris

Social Media Manager

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

We've replaced one unit that they sent, the same problem... tried everything but no solution. Due to the randomness, it's difficult to figure out what is causing the reboot. Apparently, they're very susceptible to power voltage fluctuation. I'm not sure if perhaps it's from the phone line, 3 are voip and one is from the telco. we're in the process of switching all to voip, see if that helps. According to AT&T it's a very rare issue, but it seems somewhat common if you do a google search for it.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

We replaced both gateways with new and it has been okay so far.  Frustrating that support cannot pinpoint the cause as they said the logs are erased whenever it reboots.  They gave me the "poor power" response as well but we purchased a new expensive UPS, had electrician come out, etc. and there was no relief.  Plenty of other network equipment on that circuit as well without any issues.  Plenty of reviews online to be found that seem to point to these gateways failing after a few years.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Did you buy new gateways? Or did ATT somehow replace the ones you had?

Administrator

• 

26.2K Messages

5 years ago

Hello @jayrodoh,

Thank you for reaching out on our Business Community. Sorry to hear about your concerns with the phone system. Please check out the following information 

https://soc.att.com/2Yj91us For further assistance please feel free to reach out to AT&T Business Landline 1-888-944-0447
M to F 8am-6pm local time and I included the User guide for AT&T Phone For Business https://soc.att.com/2YbYdhp; Also, for further help. Please send me a private message by clicking here (https://soc.att.com/2YbYdOr) and be sure to include the following details so I can help:

Business Name:

Account Details:

Contact Name:

Contact Number:

Email Address:

Thank you,

Lisa

Social Media Manager

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

We were out of warranty but I was able to convince ATT to replace ours at no charge as there seems to be a widespread issue with these and we bought ATT name trusting it was good equipment.  

Administrator

• 

26.2K Messages

5 years ago

Hello @camadella

Thank you for your recent posting.  We appreciate your participation within the Business Community. I would be happy to help.  In order for me to research your issue, I will need to verify some information. Please send me a private message by clicking here:

Please include the following details:                                                                                      

Full Name:

Business Name on Account:

Address:

Phone number associated with the account:

Preferred Contact #:

Email address:

Thank you,
Kathy V.
Social Media Manager

Administrator

• 

26.2K Messages

5 years ago

Hello @jayrodoh,

We are glad to hear the equipment has been replaced. We appreciate your feedback, this information will be provided to upper management to look into. If you need further assistance please feel free to send us a private message.

Thank you,

Kathy V.

Social Media Manager

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

One of the biggest problems I found was when you post for help, you get the cookie-cutter response from AT&T to send them a DM. It's a shame that AT&T can't figure out why the gateways are so flaky...

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

@JamesSMRC 

Yup, same here.  I got a bunch just for answering questions here.  When I did email one of their "contacts" I was just told to call support.  FWIW I did have good response from support, most techs I talked to were knowledgeable and I was able to resolve the issue after talking to a supervisor who agreed to replace these gateways.  

Not finding what you're looking for?