Need to get in touch with a Sales Representative? Talk to a Business Expert HERE .
techmotim's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, September 11th, 2017 5:39 AM

Wrong outgoing caller ID on BVOIP

My company has a Premier Account and I am the Key Contact. Any calls made from any of our phones show the name of my company on caller ID instead of the names of the users.  The correct information is loaded in the user information for each number and a long time ago I called customer service and they said they corrected the problem, but the names are still wrong. Please help!

Administrator

• 

26.2K Messages

7 years ago

Hello @techmotim,

Thank you for your recent posting. We appreciate your participation within the Business Community. Here's some info to know about Caller ID changes:

Please allow up to 72 hours (excluding weekends) for all carrier systems to update the caller name:

Most large carriers update their database within 24-72 hours.

Smaller wired carriers and cable/VoIP companies that provide wired service may take up to 60 days to make the change.

In some cases, cable/VoIP services such as Comcast, Cox, Vonage, Skype, and Magic Jack may not ever update or very rarely update their information.

Type 1 numbers do not support any enhanced or intelligent network service, such as Caller ID or Calling Name Delivery Service (CNAM).

Parties the customer called prior to the CNAM change may need to clear their address books or Caller ID records on devices that may have saved the previous CNAM and add the new caller name to their address book.

PBX phone systems used by businesses may not be capable of transmitting an extension within the company.

After reading the expectations on Caller ID/CNAM changes and you still feel we need to process the changes again,please send me a private message: https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/3757732

And include the following details:
Your full Name:

Business Name on Account:

Business address:

Number on your account:
Preferred Contact #:
Email address:
Numbers/Names of Caller ID request:

Thank you,

Laura G.
Social Media Manager

Not finding what you're looking for?