Need to get in touch with a Sales Representative? Talk to a Business Expert HERE .
biztech1's profile

Guru

• 

530 Messages

Wednesday, May 2nd, 2012 5:14 PM

How to Port a Number FAQ

Are you are looking to port in your number to AT&T? Here are some Frequently Asked Questions in regards to porting in your phone number from another carrier to AT&T’s.  

Q. Can I switch to AT&T but keep the phone number I already have from another carrier?

A. Yes, it is possible to keep the number you already have from another wireless or wireline carrier. First, check to see if your existing number is eligible for transfer to AT&T. If it is, then all you have to do is follow the instructions to authorize the transfer. We'll do the rest.

Q. How do I know if my number is eligible to transfer?

A. It’s easy! All you need is the phone number you wish to transfer and the ZIP code for your local service area. Check number transfer eligibility now to get started.

Q. Will checking eligibility affect my current/existing phone service?

A. No. Checking eligibility has no effect on your current/existing phone service. Basically, nothing will happen until you authorize us to transfer your number to AT&T and the transfer is completed.

For more information on porting requirements, restrictions, and processes click here.

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

My problem is this, I used the Check Eligibility tool and it says my number is eligible. If I try to sign up for service using the regular AT&T Wireless site, I have no issues. However, We are trying to use the Premier portal to get a discount which my husband's employer offers. It says that my number is already an AT&T number, which it's not as I am currently using it on Straight Talk with a very old iPhone 3g. I really don't want to change my number because my kids school and others have this number already.

Scholar

• 

208 Messages

11 years ago

Your best bet is probably to call in. Maybe its because of the type of number or account that you are trying to setup, either way they should be able to figure it out.

Not finding what you're looking for?