Need to get in touch with a Sales Representative? Talk to a Business Expert HERE .
wangzhij's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, April 23rd, 2011 11:58 AM

The DNS server of corporate is not set correctly by AT&T Network Client in Win 7

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

13 years ago

We need additional details to understand what might be happening.  We need to get the support archive in order to assist you.  In order to get us the information necessary, please contact the help desk at the number shown in the client and our technicians can work interactively with you to resolve this difficulty.

Robert

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

13 years ago

nobody answer the support call, .....................

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

13 years ago

I resolved this issue by google and it seems it is a common issue, to help others to overcome this issue, I'd like to share what I have done to resolve this issue.

Keywords - Win 7, AT&T, VPN, DNS, Netowrk, Wirless, WIFI

Problem - I installed Win 7 on thinkpad x200 and need to use AT&T VPN to access to company network. But I can access the company network via VPN via Ethernet, but I can not access company network connect the VPN through wireless or WIFI. After investigation, I found the network connectivity is fine, which means I can connect or ping the company IP directly, but when I use the server name, it fails.

Then I used the nslookup to check, found the default DNS server is the server provided by ISP, not the DNS server of company.  I changed many parameters in Access Connections, Wireless configuration and the configuration in AT&T netclient, but the issue is still there.

Finally, I found the real issue is DNS binding order which means the wireless network card DNS binding order is higher than the VPN virtual adapter.  Check the microsoft website, you can find some article to change the order, here is a simple step to change

1. Regedit

2. Navigate to HK_Local_Machine -> System -> CurrentControlSet ->Service->TCPIP->linkage -> Bind

The difficulty is that you need to figure out which one is virtual network card and put it to high order

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

wmic nicconfig get Description,SettingID

That should give you the list of NIC ID's and from there you can see which is for the AGN Adapter

Employee

• 

587 Messages

7 years ago

Please upload the support logs so we can look at your account.

Open the AT&T Global Network Client, click on Help and Create Support Log.    Click Upload, fill out the form and submit.

Please let us know once the logs have been uploaded.

Thank you.

Not finding what you're looking for?