Need to get in touch with a Sales Representative? Talk to a Business Expert HERE .
BBParker's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, March 7th, 2018 6:00 PM

After updating to Win 10 Enterprise, from Win 7 Enterprise, Global Network Client doesn't launch.

I recently updated as described in the title.  Since the update, I can see the services running in the background for the ATT Network Client, but when I try to launch the login program, nothing happens.  I'm not receiving an error report, nor am I seeing any action on the screen.  Trying to launch the program with Admin rights doesn't change the behavior.  This has happened on multiple computers.  I've also uninstalled the client, and reinstalled it, in addition to trying different versions of the client.

Windows Build: Version 1151, Build 10586.104

Present Client Build: 9.7.0.3001

Any help would be appreciated.

Former Employee

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Hey @BBParker,

I'm not sure why it's not working - that OS should be supported. 

Have you tried running it in compatibility mode? You've done all the steps I would normally start with, so that would be my next thought. 

Let me know if that works! 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I did try running it in Windows 7 Compatibility mode, no help there either.

So far I have had this on 2 different machines.  The other one I downgraded back to Win 7 and the client instantly fired up and started working.

Former Employee

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I'm going to tag @ATTBusinessForums and see if they can help. You may also want to shoot them a private message and see if they have any ideas on what's going on. Sorry I'm not much help - definitely let me know what they recommend and if the solution works. 

Employee

• 

587 Messages

6 years ago

Hello,

Can you access the logs through NetHelp.exe?

Right click on Start and open Windows Explorer.
Go to  Computer -> System (C): -> Program Files -> AT&T Global Network Client -> NetHelp.exe

Open NetHelp.exe and click on Gather Logs

If so, please upload the logs so we can review.

Thank you.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I ended up finding that the installation on these machines was blocking other programs besides the ATT Global Client.  So that being said, I've reverted all the machines back to their Win 7 installations, and they are all running again without issue.  Thanks for your help trying to track this down, but I needed to have the machines operational, and didn't want to spend too much time looking into it once I found other programs were also having issues.

Not finding what you're looking for?