Need to get in touch with a Sales Representative? Talk to a Business Expert HERE .
RCastle's profile
Employee

Employee

• 

165 Messages

Monday, November 13th, 2017 7:21 PM

Closed

How to Request a Phone Number Change and / or Check Availability

You can request a phone number change if your company preferences allow you to change the number. 

To check on specific phone number availability and request a new phone number or phone number change, contact AT&T Business Customer Service at 800-331-0500.  If you are a Telecom Manager/Authorized Order Placer (AOPs) then you can contact us at 866-288-7629.

Pre-Number Change Expectations:

• Your current voice mailbox will be deleted along with any saved messages and greetings.
  • You must set up voicemail again on your new number.
  • AT&T does not offer a feature that advises the new number when someone dials the old number.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions". This will help other users find this information too!!

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Administrator

• 

26.2K Messages

5 years ago

Hello @dallastx75230,

Thanks for reaching out on our Business Community. 

You can request a phone number change if your company preferences allow you to change the number. 

To check on specific phone number availability and request a new phone number or phone number change, contact AT&T Business Customer Service at 800-331-0500.  If you are a Telecom Manager/Authorized Order Placer (AOP) then you can contact us at 866-288-7629.

Thank you,

Nancy

AT&T Social Media Manager

Pre-Number Change Expectations:

• Your current voice mailbox will be deleted along with any saved messages and greetings.
  • You must set up voicemail again on your new number.
  • AT&T does not offer a feature that advises the new number when someone dials the old number

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

How can I contact you?

Twice now I've called the customer service number you supplied and both times the customer service rep was unable to help me determine whether a specific number is available. 

Administrator

• 

26.2K Messages

6 years ago

Hello @irritatedwithU,

Thank you for your recent posting.  We appreciate your participation within the Business Community.  I would be happy to help.  In order for me to research your issue, I will need to verify some information.  Please send me a private message by clicking here: http://go.att.com/c90bc85c

And include the following details:                                                                                           

·         Full Name:

·         Business Name on Account:

·         Phone number associated with the account:

·         Preferred Contact #:

·         Email address:

·         What type of service (Uverse, DSL, Landline, Wireless):

·         Description of Issue:

Thank you,

Nancy

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Greetings, Miss Nancy!

Can number availability and specific number requests be made for residential service?  Other members of our family had long-time numbers (late 50's into early 60's) that were lost when other family members resolved their estates.  We'd like to get them back again, if possible.

Thanks,

David

Administrator

• 

26.2K Messages

6 years ago

Hello @dadztoo,

Thank you for your recent posting.  We appreciate your participation within the Business Community.  I would be happy to help.  In order for me to research your issue, I will need to verify some information.  Please send me a private message by clicking here: http://go.att.com/21a97900

·         Full Name:

·         Phone number associated with the account:

·         Preferred Contact #:

·         Email address:

·         Description of Issue:

Thank you,

Nancy

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Thanks Nancy,

This was helpful. Just sent a message.

Best regards,

Ben

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Hi is it possible to have a sim with a number of my own. I need to access into my hotmail account which has been suspended. Then number which was linked to the account is no longer available and has been recycled as the network provider says. I was wondering if i can have a new sim with that same specific number again. 

Administrator

• 

26.2K Messages

5 years ago

Hello @KilicKilic,

Thank you for reaching out on our Business Community.  If the number has already been recycled and already in use there is no way to assign that number again.  Was this on a personal or business number?

Please private message me by clicking here the following information, so we can take a further look:

Contact Name:

Contact Number:

Contact Email:

# in question:

Thank you.

Chris

Social Media Manager

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Greetings, Chris!

In response to your question, they were both residential numbers.

The real question was a bit more complex.

I wanted to know if AT&T could assign the numbers to me without having a “Truck Roll” to install them. (My Apartment Complex has some sort of a deal with Spectrum that precludes you from bringing in phone lines here.) From that point, I could have my VoIP provider pick them up for porting over to their system. After that, they’d flow into my internal (personal) phone system at home.

The hang up on this process is that my VoIP provider won’t try to pull a number from a LEC that isn’t assigned to me already. Which was why I was trying to get them assigned to me. If they could be installed here, I’d probably pay the install fee and go that way. Sadly, that won’t work.

The numbers were my wife’s parent’s house and her Aunt’s house – all of which have passed away some years back.

Nobody that I could talk to via phone or chat could find a way to make that happen. At the time, both numbers were available. (386-428-5678 and 386-428-6953) Now, who knows…..

This isn’t a priority project. However, if you have the time to look, I’d appreciate it.

Thanks,
David

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Dear AT&T Social Media Manager,

I too am in similar situation like dadztoo in which I am trying to recover a family phone number.  Could you please advise. 

Mahalo,

Allan

Administrator

• 

26.2K Messages

5 years ago

Hello @eahoelua,

Thank you for your recent posting.  We appreciate your participation within the Business Community.  I would be happy to help.  In order for me to research your issue, I will need to verify some information.  Please send me a private message by clicking here: https://soc.att.com/2ZdBdMN

• Full Name:
  • Business Name on Account:
  • Phone number associated with the account:
  • Preferred Contact #:
  • Email address:
  • Description of Issue:

Thank you,

Nancy                   

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Hi Nancy,

I am wondering if I sent you the correct information I am trying to reference this account.  Please let me know if you received the information and if you have any questions. 

Mahalo,

Allan

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Hi Nancy,

I have not heard back from you.  Could you please advise if there is additional information I need to follow-up with? 

Mahalo,

Allan

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Since at&t bought out cricket could you guys help me too? Or do I have to see if they have any avenues

Administrator

• 

26.2K Messages

5 years ago

Hello @briannarobbins,

Thank you for your recent posting. We appreciate your participation within the Business Community. We will be glad to get you some further help. Please provide us with some details about your concerns. Please send me a private message by clicking here (https://soc.att.com/2W1108g) and be sure to include the following details so I can help:

Account Details:

Contact Name:

Contact Number:

Email Address:

Thank you,

Lisa

Social Media Manager

Not finding what you're looking for?