Need to get in touch with a Sales Representative? Talk to a Business Expert HERE .
baileyranch.ok's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, April 17th, 2017 3:24 AM

Business Account VS Personal Account

I recently visited an AT&T store, due to my phone crashing, the sales rep asked if I would like to trade my personal account to a business account because I am a small business owner with employees who are self contracted. I told her I would think about it and discuss again at a later date. Can anyone explain to me why I would want to trade out from personal to business. My current account has my husband and me only and that is all it will ever be, so I am not interested in the discounts for my employees- So what else am I missing?

Community Support

• 

3.1K Messages

7 years ago

Hello @baileyranch.ok,

Thank you for your recent posting. We appreciate your participation within the Business Community.I will be more than happy to help you with your inquiry. Please check out this link http://soc.att.com/2oPhGSY. This will give you all the details you need to know about our business discounts. Please let me know if you have any further questions. I'll be standing by. 

Thank you,

Laura G.

Social Media Manager

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

A small business owner with employees who are self contracted? Must be nice....LOL.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Hello,  based on our experience you would never want to do that!  We were set up with a false business number ( later learned it was so someone could earn a comission)  then charged thousands of dollars on auto pay and when I tried to fight back I was told I was not authorized to cancel or do anything and when my husband called and made me the administrator of the business account - which hhe did numerous times.  Then when I called I was asked to set up a pin and then told they still had to talk to my husband and when he called he was told they couldn't talk to him because it was my pin. Weeks later after being told to call back in a week and our account was messed up we were told it was canceled and then 9 minutes later reactived - remember this is a number we don't use assigned to a promotional I pad we bought for $99 with our new phone. Meanwhile they are charging us on a daily basis. And when I try to cancel they won't let me and when my husband tries to cancel they won't let him. We tried this weekly for 4 weeks. We were even told that it was canceled and then a staff member reactivated after we hung up  - 9 minutes later and kept taking money out of our business account

Super corrupt.  After 4 months the nightmare may be over but I'm sure we will still get another bill. don't do it if you dont' want to be jerked around. Basically we experienced liek a fraud with them and none of them will admit to it. 

Not finding what you're looking for?