See how other first responders are using FirstNet. Click here to subscribe to the FirstNet Newsletter today!
D

• 

11 Messages

Sunday, January 29th, 2023 12:48 AM

FCC Complaint filed - hopefully we can bring a spot light to this bait and switch practice of scamming customers

I was totally scammed by an AT&T store representative, I have been an AT&T customer for over 15 years, purchased several phones over the years and have 5 lines on my account. I went into an AT&T store located in Ala Moana Mall Honolulu Hawaii, I went in over a year ago to buy my son a new apple watch, The representative stated that if I signed up for this firstnet deal there would be no additional charges my monthly family plan for all my phones would be the same and I would get a free watch if I purchased the second one. This sounded like a good deal, I was going to buy a watch anyway I told him I was not a first responder, he said no big deal just fill this out and you can join. With this information I said OK, I signed up. After a couple months I noticed I was being billed by two companies, AT&T and this first net company. I was told AT&T and Firstnet is the same company and I would get one bill. I do all my transactions through EFT transfers, Once I found out I was being billed more per month from AT&T and this first net company I went into the store to cancel and return the watch. I went into the same Honolulu Ala Moana store. The rep said that he would fix the problem, I would only get one bill and I didn't have to turn in the watch, He said he would reconfigure my family plan and it would be around $240 a month which is what my normal monthly fee I've been paying for years, He said I did not need to do anything. Then a few months pass I get another bill from the First net company, I went back again and explained the situation. The Honolulu Store rep apologized and said he would fix the problem, I waited 45 minutes then he came back and said his computers were down that he was working the next day, he would take care of it and if he had any issues he would call me to come back into the store. He did not call me and I was paying my AT&T bill every month as I normally do for all 5 of my phones. Then One of my phones was disconnected. It was the phone number they put firstnet on. I went back into the same store and spoke to the assistant manager. he said he had no idea what I was talking about and that I owed $577. I told him I pay my bills on time every month, I owe nothing. he said he could not put that phone they took off my AT&T account back on until I paid them $577, This was a fraudulent SCAM. I plan on filing a complaint to the FCC and disputing these outrages charges and behavior, I've been a loyal AT&T customer for over 15 years spending thousands and this is how they treat you... Daniel D

Accepted Solution

Administrator

• 

26.2K Messages

1 year ago

Hi @DanD808 ,

We want to help. Let’s meet in a Direct Message on this. Please check your Direct Message Inbox (it’s the chat icon next to the bell icon in the upper right corner of the forums).

Aayush

AT&T Business Social Media

• 

11 Messages

1 year ago

AT&T and I came to a mutual agreement and satisfactory resolution. Our family has been a loyal AT&T user for over 15 years and It was extremely hard for me to reach out to social media and the government agency to voice my concerns. I tried over a year to resolve the problem on my own in the retail setting. I'm happy to report that we will continue to be generational AT&T users well into the future. I hope that more retail training is done to better explain new programs and be transparent on all costs involved especially if you have multiple lines. Thank you AT&T.. Thank you OOTP!

Not finding what you're looking for?