Need to get in touch with a Sales Representative? Talk to a Business Expert HERE .
D

1 Message

Monday, April 22nd, 2024 6:16 PM

Disappointed with AT&T Business/Sales Folks

Hi folks,

I just wanted to share a difficult experience, as it is hard to reach anyone at AT&T that can do anything.  I'm trying to switch from residential to business Internet, mainly because I want the 5 static IPs.  Initially, I spoke with some one that said I could get business fiber no problem and get a $500 reward card, and free installation, great, I did note that I wanted to talk to the residential side and make sure I cancel residential Internet service BEFORE my billing cycle starts up again, so, in other words, on the last day of my residential service.  Great, so I call and schedule the termination date for residential service, which is a hassle because they always try to keep you, but I did bypass most of that by indicating that I was switching to a business account.  Then I call back and speak with someone else, and start to signup for service.  I mentioned that I had just called earlier and was told I could get the $500 reward card and free installation, and they asked if I have that in writing, since they don't offer both. ??? Well, fine, obviously I'll just take the gift card.  You said I could get both earlier, but whatever.  I ALSO asked if I could get installation done a day before they terminate my residential service.  They indicated this shouldn't be a problem but he had to confirm with a supervisor.  Great, so I speak to a supervisor, and he says that would be fine.  Excellent.

Then I get emails about my installation being a day after my residential termination date.  ???  So I speak with small business folks today at AT&T, which was a nightmare to get through to, and they indicate that customers cannot have two services at one location.  Though, the business sales rep that placed my order said he knows people that have FOUR 5gig fibers to their business.  What?  Well, at this point, I don't know if I should just cancel my business fiber installation, or what.

There just seems to be a massive disconnect between the business and residential divisions at AT&T and I really don't like having to figure how to get ahold of someone that can help.  Furthermore, and the worst part, is if I keep my business fiber installation, my existing customers are going to have 24+hrs of downtime.  No one at AT&T seems to care about my situation enough to do anything, which is really disappointing for customers that want to throw more money at them.

My advice is to get everything in writing from AT&T Sales reps, because they will tell you lies to your face about what they can do.  Or just avoid AT&T completely and go with another provider.

No Responses!
Not finding what you're looking for?