Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Troubleshoot your device issues
Dcookie's profile

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

Monday, July 21st, 2008 2:50 AM

Closed

Need help on how to boost volume of homemade ringtones for SHINE?

Just figured out how to make ringtones from mp3's using Audacity...well, my husband actually did.

What my question is, does anyone know how to increase the volume when making them?

Thanks in advance! 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

16 years ago

Thanks, Chris71783! Husband was playing with Audacity yesterday and figured it out. I now have to actually TURN DOWN my volume...can you believe that? But at least I have ringtones I can HEAR! It was kind of fun making them too! Now if I can get HIM to show ME how to do it....but that's another story! Smiley Happy

Dcookie

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

16 years ago

Audacity should have an option to Normalize the sound clip. When you normalize, set it to 99.9% or whatever the highest is without going over 100%. This will maximaze the sound clip volume without distorting it. There should be other ways to increase the volume using that program, but I've never used it, so I'm not sure.

Seems like ATT isn't much for creating decent firmware for these phones. I wish I could utilize the Shine for what it's fully capable of, but ATT seems dead set on limiting their products.

Mentor

• 

51 Messages

16 years ago

Or you can use this online tool, it does the proper tuning of sound automatically
http://mp3mer.com

Message Edited by Romba on 07-23-2008 02:44:10 AM

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

16 years ago

Romba,

Thanks for the link. Maybe even I can do it! Smiley Wink

Dcookie

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

16 years ago

Dcookie, could you ask your husband how to increase the volume using audacity?
Thanks.

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

16 years ago

diegozx14,

SURE I can! As soon as he gets home tonight I'll have him sit and figure it out again so I can write it down. I'll try and see if I can post it tonight.

By the way, think I'm going to order just the shield for the screen. I keep mine in a sock so that protects the rest of it anyway. Thanks and I'll get back to you soon. Smiley Happy

Dcookie

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

16 years ago

diegozx14,

Hope you can figure this out....when you're in Audacity, import your mp3. Select the part you want> go to Effect> Amplify.

A box will pop up and you HAVE to check the box that says...ALLOW CLIPPING. Then you can raise the amplification.

There may be other ways to do it but this is what he did. I JUST watched him! Hey, now I know how to do it...sort of Smiley Wink!

Hope this helps!

Dcookie

Message Edited by Dcookie on 07-25-2008 06:22:43 PM

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

16 years ago

Dcokkie, could you tell me how much he amplifies the volume? to the point were you have to turn it down in  your lg shine.

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

16 years ago

and also everytime i make a ringtone the size of it is 2.9 mb LOL
which is well over 300kb.
how do i make them right? please? T_T

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

16 years ago

and my ringtone is only like 18 secs long.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.