For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help connecting your router?
djones61's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 14th, 2014 10:49 PM

Vizio Smart TV loses connectivity to ATT Uverse Motorola Router

I have recently changed over to ATT Uverse for my broadband services. Ever since the change, my Vizio smart TV has been losing connectivity to Netflix and Hulu. The apps will load up just fine, and play a video for about 10 minutes before stopping and losing connectivity to the services. Wifi seems to drop off on the TV at this time, and nothing short of turning the TV off and on will resotre the Wifi based services. I am at my wits end, having tried changing wireless channels, changing DNS, trying every type of security, setting static IP's for the TV and countless other options. Previously, I had the TV connecting to a Linksys router through a different broadband provider with absolutely no probelms, any thoughts?!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for your help guys. Tried each of your suggestions to no avail. Ended up setting up my old wireless router behind the Uverse router and Netflix now has no problems. Still couldn't figure out what exactly was causing it, but my issue has bene resolved. Thanks!

ACE - Expert

• 

35.3K Messages

10 years ago

My first suggstion would be to reinsert the Linksys router into your configuration.   The AT&T provided Residential Gateways have barely adequate Wi-Fi performance.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

10 years ago

@djones61 wrote:

I have recently changed over to ATT Uverse for my broadband services. Ever since the change, my Vizio smart TV has been losing connectivity to Netflix and Hulu. The apps will load up just fine, and play a video for about 10 minutes before stopping and losing connectivity to the services. Wifi seems to drop off on the TV at this time, and nothing short of turning the TV off and on will resotre the Wifi based services. I am at my wits end, having tried changing wireless channels, changing DNS, trying every type of security, setting static IP's for the TV and countless other options. Previously, I had the TV connecting to a Linksys router through a different broadband provider with absolutely no probelms, any thoughts?!

See SomeJoe's great wireless interference thread:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/How-to-Minimize-Wireless-Interference/m-p/2303003#M1138

Also see the SJ post:

Please Read for a Potential Solution

For many people, the DHCP problems with the 2Wire routers can be solved by configuring the RG as follows:

1. Go to http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C_2_1 which is the RG's wireless configuration page.

2. Change the setting "Wi-Fi Protected Setup" to Disabled.

3. Change the setting "Authentication Type" to WPA2-PSK (AES).

4. Click the "Save" button at the bottom.

5. This procedure may ask for your RG's password. The default password for your RG is printed on a white sticker on the side of the RG (3600HGV, 3800HGV-B, and 3801HGV) or on a white sticker on the backup battery (i3812V).

Disabling WPS should help with the DHCP timeout issue and general wireless connection problems.

Setting authentication specifically to WPA2-PSK/AES improves connection reliability on Macs and other Apple products. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

Your previous connection was wireless? You cannot run a cat5 cable to the RG?

You have an STB adjacent to the TV? Perchance is the STB connected COAX? If it is connect the Vizio network access to the network jack on the STB with a cat5 cable.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.