Posted Sep 16, 2013
3:46:46 AM
View profile
Windows 8 app for Uverse

I LOVE my Windows 8 Lumia 940 phone, but am shocked there is no U Verse app .  How can this be, since ATT Wireless SELLS my phone?  When can I expect to lose my Third World status with Uverse?

I LOVE my Windows 8 Lumia 940 phone, but am shocked there is no U Verse app .  How can this be, since ATT Wireless SELLS my phone?  When can I expect to lose my Third World status with Uverse?

Windows 8 app for Uverse

27 replies
(3) Me too
(3) Me too
Replies
(27)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2013 7:23:29 AM
(0)
Employee

You should be able to manage your DVR from http://uverseonline.att.net on your phone. 

You should be able to manage your DVR from http://uverseonline.att.net on your phone. 

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Windows 8 app for Uverse

2 of 28 (8,174 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 23, 2013 8:52:06 PM
(0)
Teacher

I hope you have better luck then I have had, every time Try I am told I can only manage from my DVR.

I hope you have better luck then I have had, every time Try I am told I can only manage from my DVR.

3 of 28 (8,049 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2013 6:53:43 AM
(0)
ACE - Guru

There's a Lumia 940?!? 

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

There's a Lumia 940?!? 

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 28 (8,034 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2013 10:59:07 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

EricJilot wrote:

Do you have U-Verse TV and U-Verse internet?

EricJilot wrote:

Do you have U-Verse TV and U-Verse internet?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 28 (8,002 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2013 8:43:20 PM
(0)
Contributor

Yeah, I am not having any luck either.  You would think if ATT is going to sell a phone to its Uverse customers that the uverse would be supported with Apps for the phone. 

Yeah, I am not having any luck either.  You would think if ATT is going to sell a phone to its Uverse customers that the uverse would be supported with Apps for the phone. 

6 of 28 (7,928 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 20, 2013 7:14:22 AM
(0)
Teacher
Yes I have both TV and Internet services and am an AT&T wireless user. The total lack of support from AT&T for the WP platform is beyond disappointing, especially since they're supposed to be the premier provider for Windows Phone. The few apps they do have are just absolute crap when compared to their iOS and Android counterparts.
Yes I have both TV and Internet services and am an AT&T wireless user. The total lack of support from AT&T for the WP platform is beyond disappointing, especially since they're supposed to be the premier provider for Windows Phone. The few apps they do have are just absolute crap when compared to their iOS and Android counterparts.

7 of 28 (7,657 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 20, 2013 7:20:04 AM
(0)
Teacher
I also failed to mention that using the uverse online site is impossible to use from a phone.
I also failed to mention that using the uverse online site is impossible to use from a phone.

8 of 28 (7,655 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2013 9:19:52 PM
(0)
Mentor

aBenjamin wrote:

I too have a Nokia (1020) and a Windows 8 tablet. Why is there no app for the Windows 8 tablet? I didn't buy the tablet from AT&T but still all the same I take as an insult that AT&T would put out an APP for Apple and Android users and NOT for Windows users. I have been an AT&T user for many, many, many years (including wireless when it was Cingular) and very, very, very offended. It seems AT&T does this all the time and it take years if ever for AT&T to get the app ready for Windows users. In my opinion AT&T shouldn't release an App for Apple and Android users unless there is also one ready for Windows users.

Disappointed,

GEGJr

aBenjamin wrote:

I too have a Nokia (1020) and a Windows 8 tablet. Why is there no app for the Windows 8 tablet? I didn't buy the tablet from AT&T but still all the same I take as an insult that AT&T would put out an APP for Apple and Android users and NOT for Windows users. I have been an AT&T user for many, many, many years (including wireless when it was Cingular) and very, very, very offended. It seems AT&T does this all the time and it take years if ever for AT&T to get the app ready for Windows users. In my opinion AT&T shouldn't release an App for Apple and Android users unless there is also one ready for Windows users.

Disappointed,

GEGJr

9 of 28 (7,235 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 10, 2013 3:13:48 PM
(0)
Tutor

I have a Lumia 1020 and I'm thinking of an Asus t100 tablet. I cannot believe there is not a uverse app for

windows phone 8. Uverse runs on windows CE. Please I need an APP!!!

I have a Lumia 1020 and I'm thinking of an Asus t100 tablet. I cannot believe there is not a uverse app for

windows phone 8. Uverse runs on windows CE. Please I need an APP!!!

10 of 28 (7,207 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 15, 2014 4:24:17 PM
(0)
Tutor

Its down right stupid AT&T still has no App for Windows 8 or Windows Phone 8. I am not going back to iOS or Android but very well may change my ISP and Television provider if AT&T continues to ignore Windows.

Its down right stupid AT&T still has no App for Windows 8 or Windows Phone 8. I am not going back to iOS or Android but very well may change my ISP and Television provider if AT&T continues to ignore Windows.

11 of 28 (6,881 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 15, 2014 4:25:58 PM
(0)
Tutor

12 of 28 (6,880 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 18, 2014 5:35:09 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Blame market share.  Looked at how many Windows 8 phones get sold compared to iPhones/Android?

Blame market share.  Looked at how many Windows 8 phones get sold compared to iPhones/Android?

13 of 28 (6,810 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 21, 2014 12:40:03 PM
(0)
Mentor

Marketshare is irrelevant. You can't tell me that AT&T doesn't have enough Windows 8 phone users that creating a Windows 8 app is not worth it. Besides, I'm also a Uverse subscriber as well as a Uverse digital phone subscriber and wireless phone subscriber. AT&T gets plenty of my money. I've been with AT&T wireless for over 15 years (iincludes when it was Cingular). I've been with Uverse for over 8 years and before that had AT&T DSL and have been an AT&T landline subscriber for over 40 years.

Marketshare, Bah Humbug!!!!

Marketshare is irrelevant. You can't tell me that AT&T doesn't have enough Windows 8 phone users that creating a Windows 8 app is not worth it. Besides, I'm also a Uverse subscriber as well as a Uverse digital phone subscriber and wireless phone subscriber. AT&T gets plenty of my money. I've been with AT&T wireless for over 15 years (iincludes when it was Cingular). I've been with Uverse for over 8 years and before that had AT&T DSL and have been an AT&T landline subscriber for over 40 years.

Marketshare, Bah Humbug!!!!

14 of 28 (6,752 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 21, 2014 12:48:11 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

I can tell you that it has taken them 2 years to give to Android apps a feature that they introduced on iOS at the beginning of those two years (U-verse Connected).  If Android's marketshare had not dwarfed iOS's in that interval, it would not have happened.

It is not worth developing and supporting any application on any platform unless there is return on the investment fo develop and support that application.  Heck, for all I know they may release one tomorrow.  But I'm not betting that way.

I can tell you that it has taken them 2 years to give to Android apps a feature that they introduced on iOS at the beginning of those two years (U-verse Connected).  If Android's marketshare had not dwarfed iOS's in that interval, it would not have happened.

It is not worth developing and supporting any application on any platform unless there is return on the investment fo develop and support that application.  Heck, for all I know they may release one tomorrow.  But I'm not betting that way.

15 of 28 (6,749 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2014 9:48:49 PM
(0)
Tutor
Pretty sure Microsoft Windows dwarfs iOS and Android considering that 90% of the business world and home pc's run on Windows.

Add in Xbox One runs on Windows 8 OS as well, AT&T is not too sharp. I went to a Nokia 1520 and have Office 365, SkyDrive, OneDrive, Xbox Glass all through Microsoft. Yet my Uverse service is worthless because their lack of support for actual users rather than the smart phone for dummies iOS users.

what a joke!
Pretty sure Microsoft Windows dwarfs iOS and Android considering that 90% of the business world and home pc's run on Windows.

Add in Xbox One runs on Windows 8 OS as well, AT&T is not too sharp. I went to a Nokia 1520 and have Office 365, SkyDrive, OneDrive, Xbox Glass all through Microsoft. Yet my Uverse service is worthless because their lack of support for actual users rather than the smart phone for dummies iOS users.

what a joke!

16 of 28 (6,395 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 2, 2014 5:37:06 AM
(0)
Mentor
Here, here! That is exactly right not to mention that if AT&T isn't going to completely support Windows OS they shouldn't feature phones that have it.
Here, here! That is exactly right not to mention that if AT&T isn't going to completely support Windows OS they shouldn't feature phones that have it.

17 of 28 (6,263 Views)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 4, 2014 10:04:30 PM
(1)
Contributor
Edited by noelito on Aug 4, 2014 at 10:09:25 PM

After at&t discontinued the uverse app for wp7 I had been hurting for years for a u verse app, after coming across this thread and reading the employees posts and followed their web link. We actually are able to manage our uverse dvr queue with the mobile uverse web app on our windows phone. Try this web link http://m.uverse.com/ and try it on different 3rd party browser apps for windows phone to get the best experience on your phone. I know it really stinks that we have no real app to use on windows phone but at least we can manage our dvr queue on our phone also like the rep said on your windows tablet you can manage your queue through the web app and its not too bad, I even pinned my dvr queue as a tile on my start screen. So with that being said we may not have an official app but we can still manage our DVR with our windows phone and windows tablet, even though its a web app I am grateful! 

After at&t discontinued the uverse app for wp7 I had been hurting for years for a u verse app, after coming across this thread and reading the employees posts and followed their web link. We actually are able to manage our uverse dvr queue with the mobile uverse web app on our windows phone. Try this web link http://m.uverse.com/ and try it on different 3rd party browser apps for windows phone to get the best experience on your phone. I know it really stinks that we have no real app to use on windows phone but at least we can manage our dvr queue on our phone also like the rep said on your windows tablet you can manage your queue through the web app and its not too bad, I even pinned my dvr queue as a tile on my start screen. So with that being said we may not have an official app but we can still manage our DVR with our windows phone and windows tablet, even though its a web app I am grateful! 

[ Edited ]
18 of 28 (4,219 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 12, 2014 9:31:54 AM
(0)
Mentor
Thanks for the information. While it's true the link works it is not a good solution. The information is truncated and it's difficult to maneuver the site.

Sent from my Windows Phone
Thanks for the information. While it's true the link works it is not a good solution. The information is truncated and it's difficult to maneuver the site.

Sent from my Windows Phone

19 of 28 (4,058 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 20, 2014 5:52:57 PM
(0)
Employee

I have a Lumia 920 and love the Windows 8 interface.  I would love to get Uverse mobile on my device.   I even offered my cell phone as a test device for any beta mobile apple you guys have.

I have a Lumia 920 and love the Windows 8 interface.  I would love to get Uverse mobile on my device.   I even offered my cell phone as a test device for any beta mobile apple you guys have.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

20 of 28 (2,812 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2014 1:57:26 PM
(0)
Contributor

This may be old news, but I am using Windows 8.1 and can access my U-verse DVR, etc. from http://uverseonline.att.net   Works fine.

This may be old news, but I am using Windows 8.1 and can access my U-verse DVR, etc. from http://uverseonline.att.net   Works fine.

21 of 28 (2,175 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 28, 2014 8:05:55 PM
(0)
Voyager

I have a Nokia 920 with Windows 8.1 and cannot use the mobile App nor the online site.  Windows phone does not have flash player.  When I first went with the Windows Phone 7 ATT had an app for Windows phones to use Uverse,  Now Att has decided to create an app that only works on Apple and Android.  They are also doing away with UVerse Media Share and are only going to use an app called Jukebox.  Quess what?  It too doesn't work on Windows phones.  ATT has offered me the chance to upgrade ny phone, at a total cost of close to $700 (Next program for 30 months).  I feel this is almost a bait and switch move to get loyal customers to switch to the new program and spend more money.  I feel ATT has fallen very short in taking care of its customers in the case.  Looking at other mobile options.

I have a Nokia 920 with Windows 8.1 and cannot use the mobile App nor the online site.  Windows phone does not have flash player.  When I first went with the Windows Phone 7 ATT had an app for Windows phones to use Uverse,  Now Att has decided to create an app that only works on Apple and Android.  They are also doing away with UVerse Media Share and are only going to use an app called Jukebox.  Quess what?  It too doesn't work on Windows phones.  ATT has offered me the chance to upgrade ny phone, at a total cost of close to $700 (Next program for 30 months).  I feel this is almost a bait and switch move to get loyal customers to switch to the new program and spend more money.  I feel ATT has fallen very short in taking care of its customers in the case.  Looking at other mobile options.

22 of 28 (1,819 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 2, 2014 8:33:24 PM
(0)
Contributor
But an iPhone or iPad! Seriously, it has EVERYTHING to do with market share whether you like to hear it or not. Eventually, they will develop an app for the Windows platform but it likely isn't worth it at this point. Developing an app is NOT a simple task and it costs quite a bit of money... I'm not talking thousands of dollars, more like millions or tens of millions of dollars. Then you have the security issues and since Uverse is a voice delivery platform, there are additional security issues and compliances that have to be met.
But an iPhone or iPad! Seriously, it has EVERYTHING to do with market share whether you like to hear it or not. Eventually, they will develop an app for the Windows platform but it likely isn't worth it at this point. Developing an app is NOT a simple task and it costs quite a bit of money... I'm not talking thousands of dollars, more like millions or tens of millions of dollars. Then you have the security issues and since Uverse is a voice delivery platform, there are additional security issues and compliances that have to be met.

23 of 28 (1,631 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 10, 2014 7:10:13 AM
(0)
Mentor
Way too many startups including teens, college students and every entity in
between develops apps so it can't be that expensive. I know your thing is
why don't do my own, well if I could I would. Market share has nothing to do
with it. They have sold enough Windows phone to make it worthwhile.
Especially considering it's their own customers. Let us just agree to
disagree.
Way too many startups including teens, college students and every entity in
between develops apps so it can't be that expensive. I know your thing is
why don't do my own, well if I could I would. Market share has nothing to do
with it. They have sold enough Windows phone to make it worthwhile.
Especially considering it's their own customers. Let us just agree to
disagree.

24 of 28 (1,415 Views)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 10, 2014 8:14:59 AM
(1)
ACE - Master
Edited by aviewer on Dec 10, 2014 at 12:00:51 PM

I believe this conundrum was answered in the second post, but was not recognized because it is a simple basic reason (which was not mentioned in the post).

Apps are for simple/primitive portable device OS's not computer level OS.

There are no apps for MAC OSs because the equivalent support is on a browser or stand alone programs - In this case, browser access to  http://uverseonline.att.net  or uverse.com.

The iphone/ipad OS is more primititive than the MAC OS. It does not fully support browser  access to functionality. Therefore, it uses simplistic apps to do a single function.

Apps can apply to other minimal OSs on portable devices. But, windows 7 & 8 are fully robust computer OSs, equivalent to MAC OS. Therefore, access is easily accomplished via a browser. There is no need to build a focused app to accomplish the same thing.

It should be a good thing that some portable devices have a robust computer level OS to access anything available on a computer. Seems like people prefer a gazillion simple little apps (most of which I find seriously deficient) than one generic browser to accomplish almost anything you can imagine.

The equivalent to a page full of app icons to select from would be a folder of bookmarks in a browser.

If the web access via browser is not working well, then work to have that improved or repaired.

I believe this conundrum was answered in the second post, but was not recognized because it is a simple basic reason (which was not mentioned in the post).

Apps are for simple/primitive portable device OS's not computer level OS.

There are no apps for MAC OSs because the equivalent support is on a browser or stand alone programs - In this case, browser access to  http://uverseonline.att.net  or uverse.com.

The iphone/ipad OS is more primititive than the MAC OS. It does not fully support browser  access to functionality. Therefore, it uses simplistic apps to do a single function.

Apps can apply to other minimal OSs on portable devices. But, windows 7 & 8 are fully robust computer OSs, equivalent to MAC OS. Therefore, access is easily accomplished via a browser. There is no need to build a focused app to accomplish the same thing.

It should be a good thing that some portable devices have a robust computer level OS to access anything available on a computer. Seems like people prefer a gazillion simple little apps (most of which I find seriously deficient) than one generic browser to accomplish almost anything you can imagine.

The equivalent to a page full of app icons to select from would be a folder of bookmarks in a browser.

If the web access via browser is not working well, then work to have that improved or repaired.

[ Edited ]
25 of 28 (1,403 Views)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 2, 2015 5:57:36 AM
(1)
Contributor
Why should market share have any bearing on a paid for service!? They also should put a disclaimer (apple and Android only) at the end of the commercials I see 10+ times a day!!! They should let a third party make the app they would prob do a better job anyway! Ex Rudy Huyn, Lazyworm
Why should market share have any bearing on a paid for service!? They also should put a disclaimer (apple and Android only) at the end of the commercials I see 10+ times a day!!! They should let a third party make the app they would prob do a better job anyway! Ex Rudy Huyn, Lazyworm

Why should market share have any bearing on a paid for se...

26 of 28 (697 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 2, 2015 7:00:00 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Re: Why should market share have any bearing on a paid for se...

27 of 28 (684 Views)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 2, 2015 7:26:27 AM
(1)
ACE - Master

Jobdude1971 wrote:

Don't have an iPhone or iPad or anything to do with Apple but this was just announced:
Uverse app announced

Jobdude1971 wrote:

Don't have an iPhone or iPad or anything to do with Apple but this was just announced:
Uverse app announced

28 of 28 (678 Views)