For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
playdoughv's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, September 8th, 2014 8:22 PM

Netdisk NDAS not listed in devices on NVG589

Hello. (= I wasn't sure where to best put this.

I have a Netdisk NDAS, networked external harddrive which was working perfectly through the AT&T Pace gateway I had before switching the other day to U-verse and the NVG589, as well as was working (and still does) when connected directly to my laptop via the same cat5e utp cable. So the problem is that when properly connected to the NVG589, it doesn't appear in the devices list at all, as opposed to becoming immediately accessible on the network as was the case previously with the Pace gateway. I'm not sure why this is, and would be very appreciative if anyone has any thoughts.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi,

I definitely understand. I was doing some research on how an NDAS works, and it differs from a NAS in that it does not get an IP address. Instead it has a unique key where each device accessing it has to have specific drivers loaded to work with it. Because of that, that is the only reason why I am thinking that it does not show up in the NVG589 device list, because it will only list the device if it assigns it an IP.

-David T

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi @playdoughv,

I am sorry about the issues you are having with your Netdisk NDAS and NVG589, but I will be happy to help. When connecting the NDAS to your computer or NVG589, are you connecting via USB or Ethernet cable?

Also, try changing the to a different cable to see if that will help out.

-David T

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you.

I'm using the same ethernet cable as I was before, as described above. Nothing has changed other than it still works when connected directly to my computer, and worked fine with the Pace gateway as a networked drive just before switching to the NVG589 only a few days ago. It's not an old or damaged cord. I almost have to imagine that there's something about the new gateway that is set in its firmware or settings to not recognize the attached device, as the hardware is fine and should be fully compatible. I was hoping someone in the forums might have had a similar experience in trying to setup some form of networked storage device with this model gateway and would have a solution they'd found.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.