For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Galaxys5user's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, September 11th, 2014 4:58 PM

Problems with Galaxy S5 not receiving Group messages on the same string, receive but separate.

Problems with Galaxy S5 not receiving Group messages on the same string, receive but separate. My friends mostly all have iphones and I get their messages individually, cannot reply to the entire group unless I create the group. How can I fix this?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Ambassador

• 

518 Messages

10 years ago

Hey Galaxys5user,

johninsj's suggestion is a good one - we'd suggest confirming that you do have group messaging enabled within your Messaging settings. You can find this by naviating to Messaging>More (this is the icon with 3 dots in the top right corner)>Settings>Multimedia messages and then make sure Group conversation and Auto retrieve are checked. 

Thanks,

^Liv

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

10 years ago

I get group messages from iPhones (on AT&T) on my Note 3, so it's quite possible. Are you using the standard messaging app or some other app?

In the standard messaging app, check the settings: Press the menu key, Settings, SMS/MMS tab.

Is Group messaging option checked?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I enabled both group conversation and auto retrieve and I still receive every message in a separate thread

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I'm having the same issue.  I've done an entire factory reset on my phone and the bar for "Group Messaging" isn't even an option in that screen for me.  Multiple restarts.  This is incredibly frustrating.  I had found on a T-Mobile forum somebody else said to go to your phone settings>About device>Status>My phone number.  They said their's displayed "unknown," when they called the service provider they fixed something on their end and the setting described for group messaging became available (mine also shows as unknown).  I am going to try to get a hold of AT&T about this, but it's kind of hard when the only phone I have available to call from is the cell phone in question and I don't have time to go back to the store for a while.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

My 5 Note will not send the group text message to everyone in the group.  Also, I cannot receive a group text message.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.