For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
cbsalt's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, September 29th, 2014 3:10 PM

Uverse TV Remote Suggestions

We just got our Uverse service set up a few weeks ago, and while I'm fairly happy with the service itself, I'm growing increasingly unhappy with the remote control that came with our box. I would like to know if anyone has any inexpensive suggestions for a remote control that will work better than the standard IT one that was provided with our box.

We only have one TV (Sharp LED with a remote that doesn't have DVR controls), which is set on top of an entertainment center that has two doors with glass windows. The Uverse box is sitting on the left side of the entertainment center, with the front of the Uverse box visible through the window. One sofa is directly in front of the entertainment center, and our other sofa is perpendicular to the first sofa and the entertainment center. In order to get the box to respond to the remote, you must hold the remote near the seat cushion of the sofa facing the box. I don't need any super-long range for the remote, but I would like to be able to sit anywhere in my living room and control the box without having to contort myself into a weird position. We are in an apartment with many units, so I also want to be sure that whatever remote I end up choosing does not interfere with the Uverse boxes in other units. Thanks for any suggestions!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

It does sound like you have IR problems. These have been there since the first deployment of U-verse.

Sometimes it is too strong an IR signal. I have suggested hiding the STB & taping over thr IR sensor on the STB. When you said the STB was on top of the EC, I took that litterally & was going to suggest putting it inside. But, it appears it is inside on the top shelf. It is possible that the glass is distorting the IR. Try it with the doors open & with doors open & a semitransparent material over the front faceplate of the STB.

If the STB is a DVR, if it is a 2250 DVR, some posts have reported problems with these & replaced a few to find one that works.

If you really, really want a remote that works all the time, every time & does not require aiming & will not interfere with neighbors, the answer is a Logitech Harmony Smart control. The mini-blaster will maximize your control of the IR.

Here is a lot of detail on the remote - do not be disuaded by complexity  - You can use it simply - Post if you have any questions - https://forums.att.com/t5/Using-your-U-verse-TV-Remote/Logitech-Harmony-Smart-Control-Remote/m-p/402...

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Dear AceMaster  Seems you're the guru!

Am fussing with the remote which once acted properly.  ATT can't seem to help.

Remote won't turn TV On or Off.  Have to do that with the TV's remote.  Then most ATT remote functions work (though I'm quite tired of seeing the "Press OK button")

Auto programming of the remote doesn't follow ATT statements in the remote brochure.  When pushing SCAN/FF the first time, the TV button flashes several times, not once as brochure attests.  Subsequent pushes do not light the TV button also as stated in the brochure.  Subsequent slow, numerous pushes do not turn off TV.

Have been through the ATT remote troubleshooting routine without success.  It ends with the remote turning on/off the RECEIVER, which it does successfully.

Am probably doing/not doing something wrong/simple.  

Manual programming for my Visio set has too many codes...........until I despair.   Would much appreciate any advice you or others can offer.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

Since it was working, then stopped, it does sound like it was ready for fresh batteries.

After trying various settings hard to say where it is. You may try a reset to default before trying the programming again.

You could try a different remote, such as this one - http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=RCRP05BR - but the programming is similar to the U-verse remote.

For a better programming experience, you need a Logitech Harmony. Unfortunately, the model 300 is discontinued. The lowest price is the model 350.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

baby droped remotes into the tolete need three new remotes, where do i go to get them

ACE - Expert

• 

35.4K Messages

8 years ago

Your "baby" "dropped" three different remotes into the toilet?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.