Posted Dec 19, 2011
U Verse receiver and play station 3
Can you connect a playstation3 to the hdmi port of a u verse receiver? Cisco ISB 7500 We have wireless Internet, but the TVdownstairs seems to be out of range. Off topic a bit, I figured out "PM-private message/ RG-residential gateway" but am stuck on STB. Is there a place where abbrev.'s are defined? And sorry, what are tags? Yes I am new to the forums. Thamks
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
12-19-2011 2:03:52 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru

Physically, yes you can connect a U-Verse receiver to a playstation 3 via HDMI, but it wouldn't work.

If you're trying to get your PS3 onto the internet, if your U-Verse receiver's is connected to your gateway via coax, you should be able to use the Ethernet port on the back of it and connect it to your playstation to get internet access on the playstation.

The STB acronym is short for Set Top Box, also known as your U-Verse receiver. As for tags, they're someone a few users add to posts to help people find certain topics when searching the board. Personally, I don't use them but I see the usefulness for those who do use them.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

U Verse receiver and play station 3

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Dec 19, 2011
(0)
ACE - Guru

Physically, yes you can connect a U-Verse receiver to a playstation 3 via HDMI, but it wouldn't work.

If you're trying to get your PS3 onto the internet, if your U-Verse receiver's is connected to your gateway via coax, you should be able to use the Ethernet port on the back of it and connect it to your playstation to get internet access on the playstation.

The STB acronym is short for Set Top Box, also known as your U-Verse receiver. As for tags, they're someone a few users add to posts to help people find certain topics when searching the board. Personally, I don't use them but I see the usefulness for those who do use them.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about U-Verse on the Xbox.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: U Verse receiver and play station 3

Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 19, 2011
(0)
Professor
Both are output devices. Connecting them both would prov what?

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Stimpy: So what'll happen?

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 19, 2011
(0)
Tutor
Thanks. Its obvious now.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 19, 2011
(0)
Tutor
I was hoiping to connect to the Internet that way.. To use netflix . Guess that won't work . Smile

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 20, 2011
(0)
ACE - Guru

Well you should be able to connect the two boxes togther via an ethernet cable get your Netflix fix (try saying that 3 times fast...backwards) on the PS3.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about U-Verse on the Xbox.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.