Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
c0mmun1cat0r's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Thursday, November 20th, 2014 7:27 PM

Non-DVR receiver 2 questions

I am not a customer yet. The AT&T offer I may consider is stating that there will be non-DVR receiver installed. I have two questions: 1) Will I be able watch HD with this receiver?

2) Will I be able to hook up this particular receiver to my Windows PC with TV tuner/dvr card to do my recordings? Thank you.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

9 years ago

@c0mmun1cat0r wrote:

I am not a customer yet. The AT&T offer I may consider is stating that there will be non-DVR receiver installed. I have two questions: 1) Will I be able watch HD with this receiver?

2) Will I be able to hook up this particular receiver to my Windows PC with TV tuner/dvr card to do my recordings? Thank you.

You are obviously getting U-Basic since this is the only package that does not include a DVR.  Since all STBs (set top boxes) are HD ready, you should be able to watch HD but HD will be an additional $10 a month.

Scholar

• 

150 Messages

9 years ago

I had a Hauppauge TV card in my PC but that does not work with Uverse. It's an actual tuner card so there was no way to input the signal of the Uverse box through the card.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

Do they have any money-back guarranty for a 30 days trail period?

I have heard that Uverse HD picture quality isn't that good comparing with OTA channels (given there is a nice sunny weather outside) and ATT is capping the volume of data received TV+internet. Is this true?

Do they include Uverse-TV into data received monthly amount?

What is the limit of capless data they allow?

Can I request upgrading the TV package while ordering my bundle, so I could get better DVR (unability to record with this $39 package is a joke)?

Do I owe the DVR since I have paid for the gateway and DVR installation, or I'd need to return it with cancellation of service?

What is their best DVR?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

"I had a Hauppauge TV card in my PC but that does not work with Uverse. It's an actual tuner card so there was no way to input the signal of the Uverse box through the card."

Connect the COAX output of  the U-verse box to the Hauppauge input and tine the Hauppage to analog chan 3 for SD reception. Tune the u-verse box with the u-verse remote or an IR blaster from the PC driven by software such as media center.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

Hi aviewer, do you care to elaborate a little? I mean: do I only get a SD video quality with this method of connection?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

Hi my thoughts,

I have a few unanswered questions, could you help with them?

can I purchase my own DVR and wireless getaway to avoid monthly charges?

Do ATT enforse the date capping? Kind of scary since all video is data and is distributed online, so HD video should mean a lot of data? 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

No, you cannot buy your own equipment to use with Uverse TV service. For internet only service speeds 6m or 12m, you buy your own modem from ATT for $100

And no, the Video service does not come from the data that is capped from ATT. For the majority of residential customers, you will never hit the data cap. i myself have tried and havent been able to yet

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

c0mmun1cat0r- Yes, analog channel 3 on COAx carries an SD signal. A digital format is required for HD.

For short distance, component or HDMI Carry HD. There are numerous devices for connecting component. Not so many for HDMI to discourage copying. Component is analog. HDMI is digital.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.