Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Eileen89's profile

Master

• 

5.1K Messages

Tuesday, January 27th, 2009 2:16 PM

Closed

New AT&T GoPhone PAYG and PYP Data Plans Surface:

PhoneNews.com can confirm new data plans going forward for AT&T GoPhone customers on Pay As You Go and Pick Your Plan.

Beginning early next month, customers will be able to choose between the 1MB option for $4.99 and 100MB for $19.99 but AT&T has decided to eliminate the $9.99 5 MB option from the new offerings for unknown reasons.

Customers with the 5 MB plan on Pick Your Plan now can continue to add the plan as they will be grandfathered in, but new Pay As you Go and Pick Your Plan customers will be forced to choose between the 1 MB and 100 MB plans  after February 3rd as renewal of the 5 MB on Pay As You Go will not be possible afterwards.

Current first generation iPhone customers will still be able to add unlimited data access on Pick Your Plan service for the time being according to the latest internal communication from call center representatives, though the company has not finalized any unlimited data access changes for first gen iPhone users on Pick Your Plan.

More info here: Phonenews.com

Master

• 

5.1K Messages

15 years ago

@.Alex wrote:

I have a question. Say I were to buy 100MB feature package for $19.99 on March 1, then what if I only used 50MB of the 100MB and I decided not to buy the feature package again on April 1. What would happen to the leftover 50MBs? And could you buy like two of the feature cards so you could have 200MB? Or does it not work that way? I'm quite fine that a 100MB plan is being released, however.

Thanks.

- Alex

Alex, if you don't purchase another data package before April 1st, the remaining 50MB will be lost. However, if you do purchase another data package before your 30 day expiration date, the 50MB would roll over to the next 30 day period, giving you 150MB. Not sure if you could add 2 data packages at the same time or not, but I believe others were doing this, before the unlimited data plan went away, so I don't see why it wouldn't work.
Message Edited by Irish Rose on 02-02-2009 07:57:42 AM

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

15 years ago

Alright I see, thanks a lot for the help.  🙂

Professor

• 

193 Messages

15 years ago

@irish Rose wrote:

Alex, if you don't purchase another data package before April 1st, the remaining 50MB will be lost. However, if you do purchase another data package before your 30 day expiration date, the 50MB would roll over to the next 30 day period, giving you 150MB.

That's assuming that this new package allows rollover which, as of today, we still don't know.

@irish Rose wrote:

Not sure if you could add 2 data packages at the same time or not, but I believe others were doing this, before the unlimited data plan went away, so I don't see why it wouldn't work.

The unlimited data allowed for stackable "expiration dates" up to 90 days which it was nice since rollover wouldn't make sense. With the 100Mb is anyone's guess for now which approach will be taken: Stackable expirations, rollover and a cap (300Mb?) or neither.

I don't understand why those 100Mb feature cards were already available if you can't still use them to buy such package yet. I just checked the PAYG IVR and still offers only 1Mb and 5Mb. Smiley Indifferent

Message Edited by Patico on 02-02-2009 07:44:25 AM

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

15 years ago

@Patico wrote:

That's assuming that this new package allows rollover which, as of today, we still don't know.

The unlimited data allowed for stackable "expiration dates" up to 90 days which it was nice since rollover wouldn't make sense. With the 100Mb is anyone's guess for now which approach will be taken: Stackable expirations, rollover and a cap (300Mb?) or neither.

I don't understand why those 100Mb feature cards were already available if you can't still use them to buy such package yet. I just checked the PAYG IVR and still offers only 1Mb and 5Mb. Smiley Indifferent

True, but other limited services allowed rollover, so common sense dictates this will too. Oh wait, scratch the common sense logic, it's AT&T we're talking about 😄

Same reason for early availability, I suppose 😉

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.