Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
pablocrego's profile

Scholar

• 

332 Messages

Wednesday, November 12th, 2008 6:00 PM

Closed

Help about TMO prepaid.

Hi, I was checking out T-mo's prepaid plans and I dont understand how they deduct balance in the pay as you go plans. For instance it says in their website ,with a $25 refill you obtain 130 minutes. As is not "money-based" as ATTs PAYG , does anyone knows how they charge text messages and web surfing,you have the full $25 balance for this charges besides the 130 minutes,or are the 130 minutes just an "estimated" based on the full amount being used for voice calls? Sorry for asking this in the ATT forum but Tmo site has no forum and no online chat to ask! Smiley Sad

Accepted Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

15 years ago

@pablocrego wrote:
Wow,so, lets say all I do with the $25 is text and web surf, as money comes down ,the 130 minutes will get to zero too? In other words will be never 130 minutes unless i use the money only on voice calls ? Thanks Smiley Happy

That's right. BTW, I forgot to mention there's no web surfing on T-Mobile To Go outside of the few free T-Zones (but those you can surf all you want, no charge).

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

15 years ago

@pablocrego wrote:
Hi, I was checking out T-mo's prepaid plans and I dont understand how they deduct balance in the pay as you go plans. For instance it says in their website ,with a $25 refill you obtain 130 minutes. As is not "money-based" as ATTs PAYG , does anyone knows how they charge text messages and web surfing,you have the full $25 balance for this charges besides the 130 minutes,or are the 130 minutes just an "estimated" based on the full amount being used for voice calls? Sorry for asking this in the ATT forum but Tmo site has no forum and no online chat to ask! Smiley Sad

When you apply a refill to a T-Mo account it recalculates your per minute rate -- so if you had $X and Y minutes and added $25 your balance will be $(X+25) and you will have (Y+130) minutes, and that'll allow you to calculate the per minute rate. The text messages are charged in actual $$ IIRC, it's $.10 to send and $.05 to receive on To Go accounts. So as your balance comes down, so do your minutes at the rate that you have calculated before.

Scholar

• 

332 Messages

15 years ago

Wow,so, lets say all I do with the $25 is text and web surf, as money comes down ,the 130 minutes will get to zero too? In other words will be never 130 minutes unless i use the money only on voice calls ? Thanks Smiley Happy

Message Edited by pablocrego on 11-12-2008 11:34:17 AM

Scholar

• 

332 Messages

15 years ago

Wow,didnt know i can't surf the web. Thats too bad. Thanks! I was considering  Tmo mainly because of 1-year expiration after $100 and text messages being cheaper,but i need google maps and other surfing, i will stick with ATT then... Thanks! Smiley Happy

Message Edited by pablocrego on 11-13-2008 05:33:00 AM

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

15 years ago

@pablocrego wrote:
Wow,didnt know i can't surf the web. Thats too bad. Thanks! I was considering  Tmo mainly because of 1-year expiration after $100 and text messages being cheaper,but i need google maps and other surfing, i will stick with ATT then... Thanks! Smiley Happy

You're welcome! Yes, that's the main drawback of T-Mobile To Go compared to the AT&T PAYG 😞
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.