For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
jedabolin's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, January 23rd, 2015 1:59 PM

sales

I activated my service on 1/14/2015. At the time my deposit was reduced to 100 dollars a line. I wasn't able to pay the extra 100 to get tablet. But was told I could always upgrade service to add tablet at a later date at 100 dollar deposit. I tried to do that today and they wanted 445 deposit to add a tablet. Why can't I get the 100 deposit like I was told. Can you please do something about this for me. I'm reconsidering whether I want to stay with att or not because of this. I still have time to disconnect account without penalty.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

9 years ago

This is a customer to customer forum. While employees sometimes visit, they may not see your post.

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hey @jedabolin

I’d be happy to help with your add-a-line! The deposits are assessed based on both your credit and can range from $90 to $1,000. Several attributes in your credit file and/or account performance of any existing AT&T accounts determine the amount of the deposit required. An assessed deposit of $100 may change later down the line, which appears to be what has occurred here. The credit check is performed at the time of adding a new line. We would be unable to match an earlier deposit assessment.

If this helps, please mark this answer as an accepted solution!

Thanks,

Charise

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.