For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
derg29's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, December 27th, 2014 7:39 PM

Sim not allowed mm #3

I was given a new AT&T LG Xpression c395 phone as a gift by my niece to replace my old Motorola Razr to make it easier for me to text message. The store where she purchased it said that I should be able to pull the sim card from the Razr and put it in the new phone and be good to go. I did that, but when I turn on the new phone, it gives me an error of sim not allowed mm#3. I can access my contacts and make other changes to the phone, but I can't make or receive calls because it won't connect to the network. I made sure the sim was clean and it fits the slot on the new phone just fine. My phone is part of my family's AT&T cell phone plan and this sim card is several years old. I don't understand why it won't work. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.4K Messages

9 years ago

Your old sim is not set up for your new smart phone. I will assume you have a shared data plan for a smart phone.

Take the phones to an AT&T store and have a SIM card set up for the new phone.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I'm the only one in the family who hasn't been using a smart phone, so my old sim probably needs to be updated. I'll take the phones to the store. Thanks for the reply!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Just take the new phone to a corporate AT&T store and they will supply a new working sim card at no cost and if you take your old phone with you they will also transfer all of your contact info too.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

For unlocked AT&T (htc) mobile, this error is resolved by replacing sim with new one (from BSNL in my case.

Sivasamy 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

MY atat smart phone can't allow me to share a hotspot..please help me..hotspot cant be turned on.. it says ''There is a temporary problem that prevents the enableent of the mobile Hotspot function. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.