For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
thepope's profile

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

Saturday, July 19th, 2014 3:28 PM

Major apps incompatible with G3

Many large name apps are showing as incompatible in the play store: Amazon, Microsoft office, hilton honors etc. after a thorough search of the internet I determined the issue is solely with At&t versions of the phone. Can someone tell me the issue please? IMO this is unacceptable. Is a patch in the works?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

10 years ago

G3?
Please post the full make and model of your device and which version of software it is running.
While other sellers are an option for purchase and download, you should have a "play store" on the phone.
Which one? Google?

Are these apps you have purchased before and can download again free?
Have you tried logging in to your related accounts to download?

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

10 years ago

I am referring the LG G3 that was just recently released in the U.S. The phone is running android 4.4.2, which is higher than the base requirement for each app as listed in app requirements. The applications I am referring to are available on the Google Play store free of charge. The few I listed are not the only instances of this either...several other apps that I have used on a multitude of devices are not "compatible". I appreciate any insight that you can provide.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

10 years ago

If you are running 4.4, these apps are compatible with your software.

Where is it saying they are not?

Have you tried downloading?   

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

10 years ago

I should have added I Run 4.4 and have Amazon and Microsoft office.

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

10 years ago

You are now understanding my inquiry..all these apps should be compatible but are not..thanks for trying to help.

Scholar

• 

72 Messages

10 years ago

@thepope wrote:
You are now understanding my inquiry..all these apps should be compatible but are not..thanks for trying to help.

@thepope - On my AT&T stock G3, as long as I enabled installs from "unknown sources" via security settings, I was able to download the amazon app store directly from amazon.  Are you unable to load the Amazon App store after enabling installs from unknown sources on yours?  I see the same for some of the other apps you referenced from Microsoft not being "compatible" at the moment.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

10 years ago

OKay.....
So why not download these apps FREE, from the Authorized play store?
It would not effect the Apps ability to function on his device.
?

The source is not authorized, but the App is compatible...

Scholar

• 

72 Messages

10 years ago

@lizdance40 wrote:
OKay.....
So why not download these apps FREE, from the Authorized play store?
It would not effect the Apps ability to function on his device.
?

The source is not authorized, but the App is compatible...

@lizdance40  I don't think that's the issue.  As the OP pointed out, there is a compatibility issue with MS apps in the Google Play store for G3 users.  At least for the AT&T variant from what I've seen from other like users.  I can install the Amazon app store on my G3 as long as I enable installs from unknown sources.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

10 years ago

There isn't. Which is what puzzles me.. without feedback from OP, I
don't know what he is doing, if he even tried the download or if he got
error messages.

--
Liz Hardersen
Pawsitive Dog Solutions

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

10 years ago

Yes I can install the apps via the amazon store by accepting outside downloads. My questions stands as to why this is necessary on a flagship device with near the latest release of android. I don't like opening that door for app downloads, since I don't like leaving it open, or returning to the process for updates. I appreciate your feedback and the time you have taken to help with the situation. For non-owners that read this post understand THE LG G3 is AWESOME and this is my only complaint. If you are in the market for an android handset I highly recommend it.

I had similar issues when I purchased a nexus 10, but that was because Amazon had not updated to the screen resolution for tablets ( or that what I was told at least).
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.