Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Troubleshoot your device issues
ken_e's profile

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

Thursday, November 25th, 2010 10:05 AM

AT&T X10 Group Text messages

I've been unable to figure out how to send one text message to multiple contacts using the AT&T X10 with 1.6.  Is there a way to do this?  If not, does the 2.1 upgrade allow it?

Accepted Solution

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

13 years ago

I found a free app in the Market called "Handcent SMS" which provides much more control over text messages and groups contacts that allows me to easily attach a group to my texts.  In case you've migrated over from Nokia's Symbian OS like me, it is very similar to their texting software.

Scholar

• 

157 Messages

13 years ago

I could send to as many as I wanted by adding the names just like in email.

In 2.1 you can just go menu>add recipients.

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

13 years ago

Are you looking for a way to set up a contact group so you can send to multiple contacts by choosing just one address book entry?

If so, check within your address book options.  I don't have the X10, but on my at&t branded W580i, that's where the ability to set up contact groups resides, and then you access the groups from "address book lookup" in the same way when composing a text message.  At least with my W580i they are not visible from the primary address book entries - you have to select "options" and then "groups" the first time; but after I've used that group in a message, it does then appear in the messaging receipients list. 

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

13 years ago

Yes, I am trying to set up a group of contacts so I only have to send on email to all of them.  I already have the groups set up.  From the phone book, I can't select a group, nor can I select all within a group to send a text. I can only select one contact at a time. When I try to add a second contact the keyboard pops up, not the phonebook, and I have to type in each contact's phone number manually.  I can't memorize all those numbers when I want to send a message to many people at once with a single text. 

I need to be able to add multiple contacts from the phonebook or groups or an entire group to a text message.  There are no options on any of the screens to do this.

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

13 years ago

Glad to hear you found an alternative. 🙂 

It's too bad that it sounds like the functionality for contact groups is more limited on the X10 than it is on my non-smart W580i.  (Although I've still felt using it is less obvious (buried in multiple levels of "options") on the W580i than it is on my Nokias.)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.