For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Frasnelly's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, July 30th, 2014 4:57 PM

To Big for Customer Service?!?!?!?!

Here is what I have been going through. I understand AT&T is a very large company, but I'm dissappointed in the systems to actually help people at the moment.

I recently moved to Austin, TX and moved into an apartment. I called AT&T to setup DSL internet as U-Verse is not currently offered at my location. I received an email confirmation of my HSI order (high speed internet) on July 14th. After not receiving anything in the mail for almost two weeks or no further update I called back in on July 21st and spent 45 minutes on the phone with a person who could not find my order or that I even existed in the system. It turned out, and looked as though the internet service was still "active" at my apartment so the order did not go through. This person initially said, well wait to see if you get another email and then call us back. I asked if the order was even going to happen if somone still had service at my apartment and they said, good point, we can start another order.

At this point I had to get off the phone. I called back in the next day to see if I could setup a new order and told thim the issue we may have. After spending another 40+ min on the phone gathering the same exact information I had given before, of course there was an issue because it appears there is service there already. They then began to tell me about a "retention" department that my apartment complex may need to call to verify that I'm the new person in this apartment and my cell service cut out. I did NOT receive a call back even though they asked me for my number in case we got disconnected.

Then, to my surprise, this morning I received another email with an updated "install date" I called into the web sales center number on the email and they did indeed find my "order number" I explained my issue and fear that it may still not go through, but they seemed to think we were actually set this time. I then asked about my rate, because the person the day before had quoted me a cheaper promo. They said I will have to transfer you to our Customer Care Center to get that updated and applied.

Customer Care of course could not find any record of my order. I spend 40 min on the phone with a representative who tried to make sense of it. I asked if he thinks this order is actually going to happen. After "looking" and taking notes for my order he said he was going to get me to his suprivisor to make sure this issue was resolved. I then was on HOLD for 20 min plus for a suprivisor before an automated message just started asking me for the phone number on my account. It of course did not recognize this phone numbers as I apparently don't have an order, even though I have recieved now two emails confirming my order.

AT&T, I get it, you are are large and have many departments. I own stock in the company so I'm glad it is large, but it is dis-heartening to see that I can't even get any help when trying to sign up for your service. I'm crossing my fingers that somethign will actually happen on my "install date" of 8/7. 

If anyone who actually reads this can indeed help. Here is the email reference number I recieved (pasted at end of post). I hope this gives you some insight on how your departments apparently can not cross reference information, or understand what is actually happening and causing problems if someone has not cancelled their service after moving out of an apartment. Thanks.... Reference: AT&T Order Number: ******

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal information]

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, Frasnelly!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear you've had such difficulty ordering internet. We would be happy to look into this for you, so please click here to send us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.