For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
ReedLawson's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 6th, 2014 1:51 PM

STILL Can't change my Yahoo password on merged accounts

Server Connection Closed

Description: The server "edit1.client.vip.ne1.yahoo.com" closed the connection before the transaction was completed.

that is what I get when I try to change my password here:

https://login.yahoo.com/config/login_verify2?&.slogin=&.src=&.partner=sbc&.done=https://edit.client.yahoo.com/sbc/change_pw%3F.scrumb%3DBmL4Z6mj.lJ

Maybe it has something to do with today's news about the one billion passwords cracked and the server is overwhelemd or something?

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello @ReedLawson 

You can try resetting your password using the form locate here.

If you're still having issues, give us a call at 1-877-312-5550, and use option 4 to speak with a representative, they should be able to reset it for you.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Did you ever get your issue resolved?  Our email was compromised and now we CAN'T change our password!  We tried everything!  I have spoken to 5 different AT&T reps and I am FED UP!  This is ridiculous!  If you have somehow managed to reset your password can you let me know how you did it???  Thanks!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Wondering about a resolution?  I can change the att password but not yahoo.  I use yahoo.  Hate this merged nonsense.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Having the same issue. not sure what to do. Has anyone figured out how to get password changed? THanks

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

9 years ago

I can tell, the origional post is a year old, and may have been long fixed by now.

A couple details I am curious on:

One: Did you intentionaly merge the two accounts together in the first place, or was that done automatically?

Two: and this one is the one I want a clear and definative answer on, CAN ATT and Yahoo merged accounts be unmerged without having to cancel all of your ATT customer accounts?

I have heard, they can only be unmerged after you are no longer an ATT customer, and, I have also heard cases of folks who sucessfully unmered accounts, and they are still active ATT customers. (and i don't mean, the quit, unmernged, and then re-joind ATT)

Any feedback greatly apperciated.

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

9 years ago

@donnnster wrote:

Having the same issue. not sure what to do. Has anyone figured out how to get password changed? THanks

Not sure they can help, but might be your best option.  send a private mesage to the ATT Care Team, and see if they can help you. They work with all parts of ATT, so they pretty much do everything, and helping customers, and on occasion, former customers, is the main reason they exist. And, reputation is, they are pretty good at it.

Customer Care can be contacted by clicking the link below(expect a response over the next few days):

https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

In the message body, please include the following:

- Name

- Address

- Account number(if current customer)

- Phone number

- Contact email address(if you have an alternative)

- The best time to contact you if needed

- The problem you are having (in detail)

Anyone else having account issues, please use the above link, and additional information to request assistance. ANYONE can ask for help.. they are not "invitation only:.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Password issues turned out to be easier than I thought it would be. We recently changed to U-verse. My Yahoo email was hacked and I needed to change the password. According to instructions (I had to look them up), after I logged into my Yahoo I went to account settings and selected the security options to change password. Change password took me the login page for AT&T. I was confused as when I arrived at this page it had the email address attached to our U-Verse prefilled and if I logged in using this, I was unable to access MY private Yahoo account. Since this did not work (and I did not want to change the password for the master AT&T account) I logged off, then logged back in the AT&T website using my Yahoo email address and password. It logged me in and allowed me to change my password for that email ONLY! I logged back off and went back to Yahoo home page and logged in with my email and new password. Worked like a charm! 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I did exactly the same thing.   My Yahoo password remains the old one.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.